PDA

View Full Version : konica minolta 501/ develop ineo 501

Custom Search

docteceng
07-19-2011, 09:07 PM
PLS could somebody help, i'm hoping someone out there can help solve a problem i have with an ineo 501..
i visited one of my customers who couldn't change the toner bottle when they tried to fit the new bottle it wouldn't go in an said on machine refit toner.. after playing around for a while i finally loaded the bottle of toner, when the machine was switched it warmed up and came to ready... i tried a good test run.. after about 30 copies the machine stopped and threw up an error code of c-2403... checkin the manual of a konica 501 it says 1. toner bottle motor 2. toner bottle position sensor 3. printer control board.. when the machine stops a short job before any error codes come up you can here the machine and the toner motor rotating,,,my guess is i have a problem with the sensors in the toner bottle holder.. either 1 has failed or the customer has slammed the bottle in whilst trying to change it....has anyone had this problem i would most appreciate any advice ....mny thx in advance....

witech1
07-19-2011, 09:22 PM
The 2403 code is a nightmare for this machine, you could have a dirty toner bottle home position sensor, bad toner motor. I would start with replacing the toner bottle home position sensor. There are several bulletins on this problem if you are a KM dealer.

Good luck!!

brent
07-19-2011, 10:21 PM
c2403? what code is that I have Never had that code before.... lol...... anyways I would definitly start at the toner bottle home position sensor for sure. the bizhub 501 is a lot better then the older bizhub 420. I hate those machines. I pretty much dont mind the buzhub 501. but unless you can clean that sensor in the back of the toner hopper at 10 o clock. you will have to replace it...

JCASEBOLTWV
07-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Dumbest thing konica has done is change the way the toner bottle goes in. It is so cust unfriendly and you pretty much get the 2403 code everytime the customer changes tone. Toner mist builds up on home position sensor causing the toner botlle to never find home position after adding. Best thing to do is use a long hose on the end of your vacuum cleaner, but you have to shine a light to hit the sensor just right. Alos when i had to change the sensor they have a mod now for the plate that the home position sensor sits in. This is supposed to eliminate the possiblity of the customer bending the bracket when they install the toner bottle icorrectly, which is almost always. Changing the sensor is a sob by the way. Good luck.

remati
07-22-2011, 10:26 PM
...My fryend ... the easy way,is to clean with vacuum the position sensor of the toner bottle..
...normaly the problem is solved ....
...if is not solved ..look the toner bottle,if is in order

...after that your problems will begin..
you have to disassemble the entire unit... supply toner unit... on the back of the machine
and see what is the problem...motor ,gears or Plugged ducts...

PLS could somebody help, i'm hoping someone out there can help solve a problem i have with an ineo 501..
i visited one of my customers who couldn't change the toner bottle when they tried to fit the new bottle it wouldn't go in an said on machine refit toner.. after playing around for a while i finally loaded the bottle of toner, when the machine was switched it warmed up and came to ready... i tried a good test run.. after about 30 copies the machine stopped and threw up an error code of c-2403... checkin the manual of a konica 501 it says 1. toner bottle motor 2. toner bottle position sensor 3. printer control board.. when the machine stops a short job before any error codes come up you can here the machine and the toner motor rotating,,,my guess is i have a problem with the sensors in the toner bottle holder.. either 1 has failed or the customer has slammed the bottle in whilst trying to change it....has anyone had this problem i would most appreciate any advice ....mny thx in advance....

JustManuals
07-22-2011, 11:38 PM
This Parts & Service manual can be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

inutelkamo
07-23-2011, 08:39 AM
I agree to used vacuum cleaner to suck dirt from sensor.. usually that would really fix that problem..

But if not, you need to check and open the motor area parts..
If possible, it is nice to have some parts to be tested on parts that where you might or suspect the problem is located..

Goodluck!

inutelkamo
07-23-2011, 08:40 AM
I agree to used&nbsp;vacuum cleaner to suck dirt from sensor.. usually that would really fix that problem..<br><br>But if not, you need to check and open the motor area parts..<br>If possible, it is nice to have some parts to be tested on parts that where you might or suspect the problem is located..<br><br>Goodluck!&nbsp;

docteceng
07-23-2011, 08:24 PM

many thanks for everyones input.. turned out to be the dirty sensor and a customer who doesn't know what there doin....
thx again.

josecornejo
03-06-2013, 01:46 AM
There is a trap door below the output tray (if you have an internal finisher or bridge unit you will have to take it off) there are several screws but once you get to it you can take the sensor out and clean it out. This has been solving this problem for me I would say permanently.

RRodgers
03-06-2013, 01:49 AM
There is a trap door below the output tray (if you have an internal finisher or bridge unit you will have to take it off) there are several screws but once you get to it you can take the sensor out and clean it out. This has been solving this problem for me I would say permanently.

Thanks for the tip.
I carry a couple of straws and use that with a can of air.

EarthKmTech
03-06-2013, 06:55 AM
as said already, the 421/501 series introduced the access door to fix the toner contaminated bottle phase detection photo sensor. and it really is a peice of cake to fix this issue.

I've never actually needed to replace the sensor, ive uncliped the plastic housing off the photo sensor and cleaned it properly inside out. Another thing to be aware of is the red wiper felt below the photo sensor, this can be stretched and pulled inside the sensor causing this issue.

Always vacuum out and ensure the entire draw and below it are clean when ever you work in this area. These are good and very robust machines apart from the stupid design of the free spinning toner bottle ring. Crap paper also does horrible things to them.

brasilmichaele
03-09-2013, 09:45 PM
these machines really suck. everyone i have in the field are a nightmare. to clean the sensor if it dont have the little cover and you have to take the OACB out to get to the screws to disassemble the toner hopper. i really hate these machines. They are a Konica design than a Minolta design. Have fun

Custom Search