PDA

View Full Version : konica c353 machine says replace transfer unit soon

Custom Search

acsolutions
07-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Hello, replaced transfer unit and the message still says replace transfer unit, also placed the old unit w/ fuse back in the machine and still with the same problem! Checked contacts between machine and transfer unit ok! can someone tell me why I cannot reset the transfer unit consumable?

Gaffers01
07-20-2011, 04:44 PM
Do you have any "P" codes on the machine?

I had a problem similar to this on a older machine, when i got rid of the "P" code it reset.

richd
07-20-2011, 07:06 PM
ICP blown on main control board, had this before ;)

acsolutions
07-21-2011, 01:02 AM
thanks for the reply, When you originally replaced the transfer unit did you get an error code? I got a c2451 code after replacing the fuse. I was also wondering if I did a data clear what will this clear and what will I have to re-enter in?
What is the ICP and can I order that seperately from the main controller. Is this on the MFP board?

copytechman
07-21-2011, 02:22 AM
Nope, ICP is on the engine/io board (or printer board as it is often called) IIRC it's ICP 11, but others may want to verify that, an ICP (integrated circuit protector I think) is like a fuse an I've seen em blown on one of those boards a couple of times, (its the board with 5 million connectors next to the mfp board) (I may have exaggerated a bit but only a little!) Konica says replace the board but I've had luck placing my own fuse in place of the blown icp.

Good luck!
A.

acsolutions
07-21-2011, 03:26 AM
what is the rating on that fuse, and I guess I just solder in a new one? my other question is if I did a data clear what would this clear?

acsolutions
07-21-2011, 09:27 PM
is it the small fuse that sits at the top left side of board? where do I get one of those fuses and what is it's rating?

empiru
07-21-2011, 11:14 PM
Hi! I have experience too with these ICPs, not on C353, but all the boards on all the machines have these ICPs... I suggest you read the information on this site IC Protectors (ICP) (http://www.nteinc.com/Web_pgs/icp.html) . If you look on the board, you will find small fuses (black or white, so I have seen) and right next to them written ICP. If you find that one of those isn't "conducting power"(sorry, bad english) you have to replace it; look closely on them, you will find some things written there and the information in the previous link will help you understand what you have to buy in order to replace them.I hope this helps!More, complete information here: http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/rohm/icp.pdf

acsolutions
07-22-2011, 01:54 AM
I'm wondering where on the printer board is the ICP11

copytechman
07-22-2011, 03:28 AM
Like I said, I thought it was ICP 11 off the top of my head, I can humbly admit after rechecking my documentation that it isn't icp 11 but icp 5, and appears to be rated @ 2.5 amps @ least thats what my coles notes says!

Regards!
A.

acsolutions
07-22-2011, 07:13 AM
Thanks copytechman,
I have another issue that is on the same machine. I have a registration issue in the sub-scan (top to bottom) direction and it's happening on all drawers. I have to set all drawers to the far negative direction (-3) to get it within spec. and I had to adjust the doc feeder in the same direction, this happens on prints and copies. This is my first visit to this customer and this issue with the transfer unit and the registration happened at the same time.

JCASEBOLTWV
07-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Those machines come in with out the adf. When you put the adf on the machine it comes with a sheet that adj reg in sub scan, duplex. You may make sure that procedure was done before installation. If not i would try top aquire one. Also, which im sure you have done, make sure the height of the doc feeder is correct, that will also throw your registration off. Also check that the side to side has been adj. Hope this helps.

acsolutions
07-22-2011, 08:48 PM
Thanks.
I understand what your saying but it's doing it on prints as well.

copytechman
07-23-2011, 02:22 AM
I usually line up the tray with the markers in the tray, then use the service adjustments for tweaking, the paper in the tray does line up with the tray markers right?

Regards!
A.

acsolutions
07-23-2011, 05:36 AM
yeah, even the bypass had to be adjusted all the way over!!! Crazy! All drawers!

Custom Search