PDA

View Full Version : Money Money Money

Custom Search

empiru
07-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Hi! I was just wondering, how much does a good tehnician earn in germany/ england? Thanks! I'm just thinking about leaving my country, sometime in the future and would like to know this...

michaelc
07-20-2011, 08:33 PM
So many factors such as the company you work for, machines you fix (sharp, cannon, etc) and experience. I would advise to look at jobs in the uk to get a rough idea.

mojorolla
07-20-2011, 08:58 PM
This is a US survey:

empiru
07-20-2011, 11:02 PM
Thanks! Interesting survey.. maybe I'll come to US in a few years :)

blackcat4866
07-20-2011, 11:41 PM
Please keep in mind that salary is not the whole story. A lot depends on the cost of living in the location that you are living. A tech making 25K in a rural area, in the final analysis, might be doing better than a tech making 40K in an urban locale.

So start with the salary, then subtract out the standard living costs we all have (rent or mortgage, electricity, natural gas, transportation, property taxes, food, insurance, etc.), then what really matters: how much is left over. It's hard to tell until you do the math. =^..^=

prntrfxr
07-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Please keep in mind that salary is not the whole story. A lot depends on the cost of living in the location that you are living. A tech making 25K in a rural area, in the final analysis, might be doing better than a tech making 40K in an urban locale.

So start with the salary, then subtract out the standard living costs we all have (rent or mortgage, electricity, natural gas, transportation, property taxes, food, insurance, etc.), then what really matters: how much is left over. It's hard to tell until you do the math. =^..^=

Exactly, Blackcat. I was offered a job in California for double what I make here. I thought it was great. Then I looked into what it would cost to move and where I would live. The cost of living was twice what it is here. When I finished all the calculations, I would have a good bit less at the end of the month than what I earn here. So I turned the job down.

empiru
07-21-2011, 05:14 PM

You are absolutely right! I know the answer to my question couldn't have been of the type "4000" or "2500", I know there are a lot of factors to consider... but believe me, anywhere would be better as in my country, where you do the whole math and the result = 0. I wouldn't want to complain, but this is the cruel reality...Thanks!

LaurenBrown
08-06-2011, 07:40 PM
I am very interested in becoming an engineer

ddude
08-08-2011, 12:34 AM
I am very interested in becoming an engineer

I hope that your desire is due to your love of fixing machinery, and not of a desire to make lots of money. Field equipment repair is a great job for the right individual, there are many perks and benefits from working in the field, but sadly, pay is not high on the list. You can make a living, but you need to love the challenge of making things work properly again, and love even more the bigger challenge of making the customer a fan of your company.

Ianizer
08-08-2011, 02:16 AM
This is a US survey:

Great survey summary, Mojo.
Very educational.
Quite interesting to see that ladies entering the industry is on the rise.
Perhaps they'll class up the joint.
Thanks for posting.
-I

Erwin
11-21-2011, 12:08 PM
You can look up this kind of information on www.salary.com (http://www.salary.com/)
You enter your kind of job, experience and location. You cannot enter ‘Toshiba’, but I would not expect them to be much different from Cannon, Xerox, Konica Minolta or anybody else.

Erwin
11-25-2011, 03:29 PM
You can look up this kind of information on www.salary.comYou enter your kind of job, experience and location. You cannot enter ‘Toshiba’, but I would not expect them to be much different from Cannon, Xerox, Konica Minolta or anybody else. writing a CV (http://www.cvconsultants.co.uk/)

Erwin
11-25-2011, 03:32 PM
You can look up this kind of information on Salary.com (http://www.salary.com)
You enter your kind of job, experience and location. You cannot enter ‘Toshiba’, but I would not expect them to be much different from Cannon, Xerox, Konica Minolta or anybody else.
writing a CV (http://www.cvconsultants.co.uk/)

Custom Search