Bizhub C450: Can I use Fiery and Emperon controller at the same time?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • siradlib
    Technician
    • Jun 2008

Bizhub C450: Can I use Fiery and Emperon controller at the same time?

say yes and some say no. Has anyone checked this out?
    If it works, how can I access network settings of the Emperon? Or what are the default network settings?
  • BIG PAPA
    Da Boss
    100+ Posts
    • Jan 2010

Re: Bizhub C450: Can I use Fiery and Emperon controller at the same time?

My vote is no, being that you have to set the controller setting on the machine. But also the question is why you would want or need this.
    sigpic

Comment

• siradlib
      Technician
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by BIG PAPA
      My vote is no, being that you have to set the controller setting on the machine. But also the question is why you would want or need this.
      new driver is announced since July 2010

Comment

• AGI
        Technician
        • Jul 2011

The answer is no, it's one or the other!
        Authorized Kyocera and Konica Minolta Dealer in NJ
        Sales Site
        Customer Site

Comment

• habik
          Service Manager
          Site Contributor
          1,000+ Posts
          • Apr 2010

No as said above.

1,One Contoller settings in service mode
          2,One controller interface board on top of the MFP board.
          .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
          Firmwares HERE

Comment

• KenB
            Geek Extraordinaire
            2,500+ Posts
            • Dec 2007

That would be a big fat "No".
            “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Comment

• emujo
              Field Supervisor
              2,500+ Posts
              • Jun 2009

With newer KMs you can, I'm not sure why the C450 would be any different. In fact we do this to allow the customer to take advantage of the easier scan functions the Emperon provides. I would verify this with the 450 by going into Fiery server setup...

Look for an "Obtain IP for Engine" and select yes.

Ask the IT admin to provide you 2 successive IP addresses for the copier, the lower one will be assigned to the Fiery within the setup screens. The higher will be assigned to the Emperon by the controller.

Put the C450 into DHCP assigning and allow the controller to give it an address ( you should see 172.X>X>X on the panel).

Open a web browser and try both IP addresses, one should open the Fiery interface, the other will open the Emperon.

Now you can use the functions the emperon offers ie SMB scanning, email, etc.

Keep in mind, I am only assuming the C450 can do this, but I am fairly certain it will. I will double check with my support guys and get back soon. Emujo
              If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Comment

• KenB
                Geek Extraordinaire
                2,500+ Posts
                • Dec 2007

While you may be able to use the Fiery to print and the internal controller for scanning, you can't use both to print with.

I can fully understand why you would want to do this, but unfortunately you can't.

I have a number of Ricoh machines in the field printing with the Fiery and scanning with the internal controller; that seems to be a very common change with various brands these days.
                “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Comment

• habik
                  Service Manager
                  Site Contributor
                  1,000+ Posts
                  • Apr 2010

Sorry I messed up. ,misread your question..what a looser I am..

I initially thought you want 2 fiery's(1Fiery and 1Emperon) on 1 MFP ?!

Yes you can use internal MFP controller and External Fiery with switch in between. Do as Emujo described
                  .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
                  Firmwares HERE

Comment

• AGI
                    Technician
                    • Jul 2011

Again, on the KM C450, it's one or the other, not both at the same time!
                    Some of the newer equipment may allow it, this one however does not.
                    Sales Site
                    Customer Site

Comment

• siradlib
                      Technician
                      • Jun 2008

Comment

• mrwho
                        Major Asshole!
                        Site Contributor
                        2,500+ Posts
                        • Apr 2009

If you're still unsure with all the answers you got, then you should try for yourself and then give some feedback back so we can be all enlightened.
                        ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
                        Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Comment

• AGI
                          Technician
                          • Jul 2011

I have many of these C450's in the field with the Fiery controller and believe me, if there was a way to do this, I would have! Scanning with the Fiery Controller is no fun!

Since I'm new here, let me further explain my answer...

The C450 uses a scsi connection (left side, back) as communication between the machine and embedded controller. So, when you install the Fiery controller you must disconnect the scsi in order to connect the Fiery (they use the same connector). Secondly, you'll need to enter the service mode and tell the machine which controller is in use ("0" for embedded and "1" for optional - "0" is default).

By the simple task of doing the two things I outlined above, you render the embedded controller useless!

I hope this clears up any confusion for you.

-AGI
                          Sales Site
                          Customer Site

Comment

• siradlib
                            Technician
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by AGI
                            The C450 uses a scsi connection (left side, back) as communication between the machine and embedded controller. So, when you install the Fiery controller you must disconnect the scsi in order to connect the Fiery (they use the same connector). Secondly, you'll need to enter the service mode and tell the machine which controller is in use ("0" for embedded and "1" for optional - "0" is default).
                            Code:
                            Main Unit -> Fiery -> Network Jack (RJ 45)
                            does

Comment

• AGI
                              Technician
                              • Jul 2011

The Fiery controller comes with its own RJ-45 connection! The one on the main body becomes useless once the Fiery is installed.

I haven't done anything with 10.7 yet, so I can't help you with those questions, sorry!
                              Sales Site
                              Customer Site

Comment

Working...