PDA

View Full Version : Heat Roller Temp Repair anyone?

Custom Search

mrfuser
07-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Has anyone had any success in repairing a nick or scratch in a heat roller? It is just stupid that KM makes you replace an entire fuser assembly on the C350 type family for a nicked heat roller!

Thanks all!

Kelly

michaelc
07-21-2011, 07:06 PM
I remember some one once telling me they used to carry a small tub of radiator paint or something like that. It was when they got money for saving the company money when it was small and every penny counted. I have never tried it myself (disclaimer) so I dont know how well it works. I would assume it would just come off. This was probably on a toshiba machine.

empiru
07-21-2011, 11:26 PM
Hi! First of all, I guess you know that in the C350 family, there are fusing belts, not fusing roller... anyway... in my country we can't afford to buy new stuff, so we repair everything we can - unfortunately, we can't repair fusing belts, but I know that C350, C450 fusing belts are compatible with the CF3102/ 2002 fusing belt - so, if you find an old fixing unit with a good belt, you can change it.. that's all I know; or you buy an entire C350 very cheap and use it for parts - we've done that too and it's much more cheaper that way...

Ianizer
07-24-2011, 03:07 AM
...stupid...KM...
I concur.
-I

DadO
07-27-2011, 10:03 AM
if u "ebay-it" ( :D ) u can find that is sold seperatly from china, that is only belt. Dont know is it working but it should :confused:

MILLER4157
08-02-2011, 05:48 AM
Has anyone had any success in repairing a nick or scratch in a heat roller? It is just stupid that KM makes you replace an entire fuser assembly on the C350 type family for a nicked heat roller!

Thanks all!

Kelly

Katun used to supply a teflon tape for repairing heat rollers and belts if that helps. you can usually use a high temp silicon tape or a high temp rtv sealant. I do not recommend doing this for long term repairs.

i have used loctite 59360 80 mi superflex red high temp rtv silicon for years. works well for temp repairs. you have to fill the crack, let it dry and then smooth the surface even with a little more. its a multi step process.

boanda
08-02-2011, 08:14 AM
let it dry and then smooth the surface even with a little more.
What to use for smoothing? u can make another damage if u pick wrong tool,correct?

MILLER4157
08-02-2011, 01:19 PM
What to use for smoothing? u can make another damage if u pick wrong tool,correct? Correct. It was used for smoothing. You have to use a plastic ruler or flat edge to smooth it

Custom Search