PDA

View Full Version : Di3510 always thinks original is on glass

Custom Search

KMTechMan
07-21-2011, 09:07 PM
I have a 3510 that always thinks (original recognition) that LGL paper is on the glass when it closes. I have replaced both paper sensors and the PWB board located beneath the original glass. When you try to feed from the DF it says "Original left on glass"

Any help?

JustManuals
07-21-2011, 10:49 PM
This Parts & Service manual can be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

empiru
07-21-2011, 11:18 PM
Could it be the connection between the DF and the copier? Just a hunch..

KMTechMan
07-21-2011, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the input. The service manual doesn't seem to address this issue or maybe I am just missing it. When you open the doc feeder with nothing on the glass it clears but when you shut it it goes to legal paper. My first thought was that the paper sensor that measures the length was being blocked. I scavenged both sensors from a skeleton 3510 that we had laying around but there was no change after replacing them. Next I changed the PWB board that the sensors plug into and still no change. This just seems like a bug to me...

KMTechMan
07-21-2011, 11:55 PM
Could it be the connection between the DF and the copier? Just a hunch..

Hmmm...I will check. Thanks!

nmfaxman
07-22-2011, 01:41 AM
Did you check PC31, original cover detect switch and actuator.
Customers will break off the actuators when copying books.

Darren King
07-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Also make sure the magnet on the DF is aligned with the magnetic switch under the front cover of the scanner bed.
Hope this helps
Darren

copres
08-05-2011, 05:29 PM
I would try this - when copier tells you there is original left on the glass - raise DF just 2 or 3 inches and close it. If this clears it - you need to look at overhead lights in the office, some will create strong source that messes with original detection sensors. Repositioning of copier may help, if not possible - teach customer this trick. Also check original glass for scratches - some large enough and positioned properly will generate same problem.

Custom Search