PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous minolta di3510 drum reset

Custom Search

slybot
07-22-2011, 05:40 AM
hi all
does anyone out there know how to reset the drum counter on the above machine. customer has one the has been showing 'replace drum cartridge' for the last couple of months. been trying to get the stuff from KM, and having very very limited success. or even the part number of the drum unit would be a nice help too. thanx heaps:p

JustManuals
07-22-2011, 07:00 AM
This Parts & Service manual can be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

boanda
07-22-2011, 07:28 AM
4515-711 DEVELOPING UNIT,
Read manual FIRST! u must delete earlier value of developer from SM mode, othervise machine "can" go crazy

slybot
07-22-2011, 10:36 AM
4515-711 DEVELOPING UNIT,
Read manual FIRST! u must delete earlier value of developer from SM mode, othervise machine "can" go crazy

hi boanda
4515-711 is the dev unit, which i ordered from KM (under advisement from them) which is not what i want. found the part number of the drum unit and have ordered. having said that i got 1 pack (small) of dev with it that i ordered. looking at it i would think that it needs more than one pack of dev for the dev unit, would i be correct in thinking this. also we haven't got the manual for this machine. we sold it just before we stopped being minolta dealers and hence never got one:o

ineo+6501
07-22-2011, 12:29 PM
The 3510 has a very small dev, I thinks it's the same as the bizhub 210 dev (but don't quote me on that.
Suprising how small the bag is.

As for the drum, if I remember correctly there is a fuse in the drum unit on that model.

They are a pain in the neck. Good luck

slybot
07-22-2011, 12:53 PM
The 3510 has a very small dev, I thinks it's the same as the bizhub 210 dev (but don't quote me on that.
Suprising how small the bag is.

As for the drum, if I remember correctly there is a fuse in the drum unit on that model.

They are a pain in the neck. Good luck

looking at the dev unit; it must be a dr who dev unit:p. and i vaguely remember the fuse thing. (got torn a new one from my boss years ago when i revamped a drum unit with dev drum and fuse and it cost more than just ordering the unit)

Darren King
07-22-2011, 01:50 PM
There is NO fuse on the Di3510. Just clear counters and run F8
Hope this helps
Darren

WildbillC
07-22-2011, 03:40 PM
4515-612 is the # for the drum, reset the counter in the service mode with the right side door open. The counter won't reset if you don't.
Its always better if you have the manual with you.

remati
07-22-2011, 10:52 PM
reset the drum count in the service mode...

... but, better for you is change the drum and the developer and run the F8
..if you reset the drum and run the F8 ,without change the developer,you can have a mighty headache

hi all
does anyone out there know how to reset the drum counter on the above machine. customer has one the has been showing 'replace drum cartridge' for the last couple of months. been trying to get the stuff from KM, and having very very limited success. or even the part number of the drum unit would be a nice help too. thanx heaps:p

fixthecopier
07-23-2011, 12:06 AM
If you go into "soft switch settings" and put it in mode "418" and then change the #3 bit in the string to "0", then reboot the machine, the message will go away.

boanda
07-26-2011, 07:57 AM
hi boanda
4515-711 is the dev unit, which i ordered from KM (under advisement from them) which is not what i want. found the part number of the drum unit and have ordered. having said that i got 1 pack (small) of dev with it that i ordered. looking at it i would think that it needs more than one pack of dev for the dev unit, would i be correct in thinking this. also we haven't got the manual for this machine. we sold it just before we stopped being minolta dealers and hence never got one:o

Use DV110( for di152, bizhub 162,163) an tn114 for that machine. Dv 110 weight is 200gr.
Im using those and all works fine!
...and as I said,DELETE earlier value of developer and drum before u do F8!

jonmeen
07-27-2011, 04:08 PM
minolta di3510 drum reset

clear maintenance counters and Important clear Special parts counters PC Lite L/C Life clear

slybot
09-12-2011, 05:27 AM
WOOHOO finally got the drum unit last week. took long enough. thanks for the replies. much appreciated. with the value of dev and drum, i'm taking a stab in the dark that it is a soft switch. which one and what bits do i have to reset. sorry to be a pain. and again thanks everyone:o

Use DV110( for di152, bizhub 162,163) an tn114 for that machine. Dv 110 weight is 200gr.
Im using those and all works fine!
...and as I said,DELETE earlier value of developer and drum before u do F8!

Darren King
09-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Just clear the PC drum counter in service mode under counters-special parts counter. Then run F8 in service mode under function. (takes 3 or 4 min) and that's it.
Hope this helps
Darren

slybot
09-21-2011, 06:57 AM
hi everyone

got it all sorted out (i think). machine has been replaced now anyway. thanks for all the replies and help. much appreciated:)

Spencer in St. Louis
09-27-2011, 01:40 AM
hi boanda

As strange as it seems one small bag of starter goes in the lower tank. If your copy quality is still good with the old drum there are several tricks as long as you have the starter. Remove the drum unit from the tank and vac the recycle section above the drum/blade area. Next remove the ATDC sensor and clean the DV tank the best you can, also clean the ATDC sensor Flag well. Next a believe you can re-fuse the the whole unit with a Pico fuse (behind contact coupling) and then reassemble.

Good Luck

slybot
10-01-2011, 08:20 AM
As strange as it seems one small bag of starter goes in the lower tank. If your copy quality is still good with the old drum there are several tricks as long as you have the starter. Remove the drum unit from the tank and vac the recycle section above the drum/blade area. Next remove the ATDC sensor and clean the DV tank the best you can, also clean the ATDC sensor Flag well. Next a believe you can re-fuse the the whole unit with a Pico fuse (behind contact coupling) and then reassemble.

Good Luck

got torn a new one years ago for doing that sort of stuff. the worst part of the whole post was that when the customer put a call in for 'replace pc unit' or whatever it says i was so used to the useless xerox crap of counters in the units that i didnt even look into it and just started ordering the shit and told the client that i had. it all spiralled a little bit out of control from there. screw xerox and their counter crap. am so glad that we are no longer a dealer of theirs. pack of **&%%^ they are

slybot
10-01-2011, 08:21 AM
thanks for the reply though spence

Spencer in St. Louis
10-06-2011, 06:28 AM
Sorry to hear that. I believe we've all been burned in the past, doing what we can to get the customer by until parts come in. I hope all went well for you as well as the customer.

slybot
10-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Sorry to hear that. I believe we've all been burned in the past, doing what we can to get the customer by until parts come in. I hope all went well for you as well as the customer.

yep all good. the irony of it is, i replaced the drum etc in this machine just as i had the replacement sitting in the corridor to replace it. fit drum etc and reset counters........all good....turn off and push out back against wall and install new machine. customers; go figure

Custom Search