PDA

View Full Version : Konica7155/Fs110/Error code help needed.

Custom Search

sbreddam
07-22-2011, 02:01 PM
Good morning,hopefully some one can help me here.

As the title states we are operating a Konica 7155 with a 110 finisher. The problem is that i am not a repair man. My boss is hoping that i might have some smarts so lets see.

The error code that comes up when i attach the finisher is ...SC 77-21....

The 7155 works with no problems at this point if the finisher is not plugged into it, so also wondering if there is a tray for the paper to go into after printing, until problems are solved.

We have all the manuals possible including the list of error codes. I looked up 77-21 and the closest i came to one is a F77-21 which is for the 210 finisher, does this mean its the same problem??

Thx any one and all.

empiru
07-22-2011, 03:48 PM
It would be best if you call a tehnician on this one..

sbreddam
07-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Thx for the response, but the cost of flying a tech up here to the North pole ...well lets just say cheaper to buy a new machine. Willing to fix the problem if i only can get this code sorted.....

JCASEBOLTWV
07-22-2011, 08:01 PM
The code in the service manual for the 7155 indicated there is a problem withthe folding stopper. The photosennsor 723 does not turn on within a determined amount of time. Could be a dirty sensor or a bad sensor. With the age of the machine it could possibly be bad. Relative parts to be replaced for this prob is the finisher control board, the folding stopper(ps718), the relay bd, or the sensor ps723. Hope this helps. I would check for paper scraps blocking the sensor, or blow out area with canned air, dirty sensors will give you fits.

Coptech
07-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Just like they mentioned, folding unit is on 210 model not the 110. Did it work before or is this some sort of ship in? This finisher does not have a booklet folder in it right?

sbreddam
07-25-2011, 02:40 PM
First thx everyone for responding....

The finisher clearly states on it 110. So as far as i can tell then there is no booklet folder option.

Yes the finisher was working before. This of course was before i started working at this job. The Printer and finisher are about 7 years old, and where the first machines this company started with.They are now and for a while been using xerox and the konoca 7155 and 8020 have been put to the side until fixed.

So from what i understand then the Sc part has no relivence to the error code?

So the 77-21 part is what i looked up as well in the manual to find that the problem is for a 210 not a 110 finisher......this is where i am confused......

Is there a part or a particulair piece i need to find in the finisher to say that it has the booklet folder function. Is that something that can be added to the machine. I have the 11006service manual for the printer and finisher. I have included the page for the booklet maker.

From looking at the page and comparing it to the finisher i do not see....Floding Knife, Folding Roller or Booklet Stopper.

So if this is the case and it is a 110 as the tag on the machine states .....what do i do......

More than willing to scan a page to post it if that will help solve my problem.

Thx again.

Coptech
07-25-2011, 02:56 PM
The model number difference between the 110 and the 210 is whether or not the finisher is equipped with the booklet folder. What it sounds like to me is that somehow, your machine is convinced that it has the 210 finisher on it. How this could happen, I don't know unless someone put a board from a 210 on the finisher. Do you have only the one 7155? My suggestion would have been to install that finisher on another machine to narrow the scope of the search. I suspect it is the finisher itself but not knowing the history of what may have been done, cannot say for sure. Make sure that the power is completely removed from the machine before removal or anstallation of a different finisher though.

sbreddam
07-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Great thats what i had /assumed /thought....that with out the booklet part it shouldnt have that problem.....

And yes it is the only one in the shop. Took a quick peek at the service manual for the finisher , could not see any thing in there for changing boards. I then am assuming its in the service manual for the 7155.....

Is ther a way once i find this board to find out if its for a 210 or 110 ....other than taking it out and looking up the part number....

Again thx.

sbreddam
07-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Hello all......First of all thx all for the help so far........

I am a duh......Was told it is a 110 finisher and took that on faith, when i started taking it apart i find a tag that says 210....

sbreddam
07-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Have to do this in parts limit of 10000 words ......

So now that i know what i am working with , that helps.....

And i realize when comparing pictures of the machine to the manual that the parts are hidden under everything, so bare with me.......

My understanding then is my issue is the M718 area including the photo senser 723....

Is there any easy way to get to this photo senser and how do i tell if it shot or just dirty.......

I am attaching a file , pages 17 -24 of the finisher manual....hope this helps anyone to solve my problems.....

ok so another question is this...on page 23 it showes i diagram on the top of the page.....This makes no sense to me....

Will wait for any response before i ask for more info.....thx

Coptech
07-26-2011, 07:19 PM
I am really surprised that this thread has not yet caught the attention of the "manual whore".

sbreddam
07-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Problem solved, I would like to say abig thx to Coptech for all his help via emails.

Custom Search