PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Sanatize HDD on bizhub C550

Custom Search

MFPs R Now PCs
07-22-2011, 05:34 PM
A customer has requested us to sanitize the hard drive on a Konica Minolta bizhub C550. I have never done this before and have to make some assumptions, so if someone has done this and has the following knowledge, any help would be greatly appreciated. I would pull the HDD out of the copier and plug it into a PC to do this. I am assuming that any HDD on a copier would be formatted in FAT or FAT32 (So will Windows XP/Vista/7 recognize the HDD is plugged into the motherboard???) (Better yet, would an adapter that converts the IDE into USB work???) I am assuming that the "files" on the HDD would be of file types that Windows XP/Vista/7 would recognize also??? I have a freeware program that only allows you to select one folder or file at a time so a suggestion on something that would select the whole hard drive would be nice???

emujo
07-22-2011, 07:05 PM
This is under admin mode, security,HDD settings..Select overwrite all and then a mode..higher the number is the number of times it writes/passes. If you select 7 you will be there for hours. Emujo

Ianizer
07-24-2011, 03:39 AM
I concur.

Just format the HDD from the ops panel.
Let the customer see you select and execute LOGICAL FORMAT.
It will make them smile and nod sagely.
All will be well.

Stinking mainstream media...

-I

Custom Search