PDA

View Full Version : C450 color matching

Custom Search

Laelo
07-22-2011, 06:58 PM
Hi ... when I print from Corel Draw, the monitor shows blue and the C450 prints it green. Does anyone know where the spot on color management is? I have seen it and not sure it is with Corel or the copier.
Much appreciated!!!

Also what can I do if the black prints out murky? its business cards on 12pt stock printed threw the bypass on thick 3.
Thank you in advance!
I will try any suggestions!

BIG PAPA
07-22-2011, 09:09 PM
Did you do a initalize and stabilize and then rerun gradation? Did you run gradation at all? How about your consumables? What controller are you using? A few more details would help.

Laelo
07-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Did you do a initalize and stabilize and then rerun gradation? Did you run gradation at all? How about your consumables? What controller are you using? A few more details would help.

How do you do the initalize and stabilize? I have ran the graduation! What are the consumables? Not sure what controller it is either. How do I tell?

Thank you so much for helping me!
:)

empiru
07-22-2011, 10:00 PM
End- user.

ck1
07-23-2011, 05:45 AM
this machine for office use not for graphic desigener

Laelo
07-23-2011, 04:10 PM
this machine for office use not for graphic desigener

funny... quite a few print shops in Calgary use these for printing and graphic designed posters!

minimerlin
07-23-2011, 04:24 PM
funny... quite a few print shops in Calgary use these for printing and graphic designed posters!
Don't reply if your not helpingWell I won't bother to help either then! :mad:The post was just informing you of what the machine is aimed to be used for!

Laelo
07-23-2011, 04:51 PM
Well I won't bother to help either then! :mad:The post was just informing you of what the machine is aimed to be used for!
sorry.... I thought these were digital presses, thats what we were trained on for printing.

RRodgers
07-23-2011, 08:52 PM
Hi ... when I print from Corel Draw, the monitor shows blue and the C450 prints it green. Does anyone know where the spot on color management is? I have seen it and not sure it is with Corel or the copier.
Much appreciated!!!

Also what can I do if the black prints out murky? its business cards on 12pt stock printed threw the bypass on thick 3.
Thank you in advance!
I will try any suggestions!

You are REALLY going to need some time with a tech or a Key-op trainer for this box. The stuff that you want to do is going to take some setup on your end. PLEASE CALL A TRAINED TECH!

Ianizer
07-24-2011, 04:08 AM
sorry.... I thought these were digital presses, thats what we were trained on for printing.

Not even close, sir. C450 is Business color.
As for spot color, you need a Fiery (which you may have) and a spectrophotometer -- say, an ES-1000 (Eye-One for you Maccy's).
As for monitor matching... a spectrophotometer can possibly help, but you need true WYSIWYG calibration... Not generally achievable for free.

If you can provide your configuration, we might be able to get you pretty close.

-I

AjitN
07-24-2011, 05:26 AM

Hi
C450 is a Business Color machine, but still blue should not look like green.
Hey guys, he may not solve the problem & definetly need trained tech rep. but we may try to identify the problem correctly.

I need some more inf. Does the color gets changed from Corel Draw only & prints from other soft are ok? Have you tried making photocopy from blue original? does gradation process completed correctly.
Try to eliminate such small points to conclude the exact problem.

Hope this helps

Regards
Ajit

Ianizer
07-25-2011, 12:53 AM
HiC450 is a Business Color machine, but still blue should not look like green. Hey guys, he may not solve the problem & definetly need trained tech rep. but we may try to identify the problem correctly.I need some more inf. Does the color gets changed from Corel Draw only & prints from other soft are ok? Have you tried making photocopy from blue original? does gradation process completed correctly. Try to eliminate such small points to conclude the exact problem.Hope this helpsRegardsAjit
Lol... My first CTN scolding!
I think efforts have been made to help.

But, I concur, we need more information.

I can remember when color full size copiers/printers (before it was cool to call them MFPs) were largely the domain of printshops & marketing professionals. Now, anyone who can paste a jpeg in Word or Illustrator seems to fancy themselves a graphic designer.
Forgive me if I come over a little jaded from time to time. I really am here to help.

An uncalibrated monitor (or worse, an improperly calibrated monitor) could very easily display wildly different color than the data sent to a printer device.
That said, the challenge can often be managed.

-I

Laelo
10-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Not even close, sir. C450 is Business color.
As for spot color, you need a Fiery (which you may have) and a spectrophotometer -- say, an ES-1000 (Eye-One for you Maccy's).
As for monitor matching... a spectrophotometer can possibly help, but you need true WYSIWYG calibration... Not generally achievable for free.

If you can provide your configuration, we might be able to get you pretty close.

-I

thank you so much... I have since figured out the problem! Now I have ticking when I print from the trays not the bypass.
Maybe you could help me with that!

Ianizer
10-26-2011, 10:34 PM
thank you so much... I have since figured out the problem! Now I have ticking when I print from the trays not the bypass.
Maybe you could help me with that!

Has the waste toner box been recently replaced?
-I

Ianizer
11-09-2011, 06:05 AM
-I

Jeopardy theme

...Guess so.

-I

Laelo
11-09-2011, 03:44 PM
-I

yes... I did change the waster toner! I have to order another one! I was suspecting that might be the problem.
Thank so much for your response.

Ianizer
11-09-2011, 05:23 PM
yes... I did change the waster toner! I have to order another one! I was suspecting that might be the problem.
Thank so much for your response.

Wow, you're dedicated.
It's not uncommon for them to click and rattle when they're New. If you just let it run for awhile the filling waste toner muffles It and it goes away. Just a little auger screw flopping around in an empty can.
-I

Laelo
11-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Wow, you're dedicated.
It's not uncommon for them to click and rattle when they're New. If you just let it run for awhile the filling waste toner muffles It and it goes away. Just a little auger screw flopping around in an empty can.
-I

Have you ever heard the C450 beep. Sometimes I think its telling me something. Thanks Ianizer for all your help.
Much appreciated.

Ianizer
11-10-2011, 12:08 AM
Have you ever heard the C450 beep...
Is that some new dance you crazy kids are doing these days?
-I

Custom Search