• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cipher
    It's not easy being green
    1,000+ Posts
    • May 2006

OCR solutions?

Can anyone recommend some decent server side OCR software?

Main requirements.

Processing has to be fast and automated (directory monitoring).
    Has to be able to do OCR for multiple languages.
    Recognition and layout formatting needs to be accurate.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother
  • unisys12
    Trusted Tech
    250+ Posts
    • Jul 2007

Have you looked into Doculex Goby Capture? I know it will do everything you need. Just not sure about the software recognizing different languages. I did some searching on their website, but was unable to find anything.

Also, have a surf over to the Ricoh SDG site. You can get there from TSC.
    sigpic
    The first law states that energy is conserved: The change in the internal energy is equal to the amount added by heating minus the amount lost by doing work on the environment.

Comment

• Cipher
      It's not easy being green
      1,000+ Posts
      • May 2006

I've not heard of that one so I'll check it out, thanks.

BTW I've only access to the European based Ricoh resources.
      The SDG site will not accept my registration as I'm not based in the USA.
      • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Comment

• tonyd

Comment

• Absurd
          Just a brick in the wall
          • Oct 2007

one word for you

LASERFICHE
          Southern Duplicating of Mississippi
          PSN: DrAbsurd (if you know you know)

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." [Samuel Adams]

Comment

• unisys12
            Trusted Tech
            250+ Posts
            • Jul 2007

I checked out the Laserfiche site this morning. Seems like a nice set of apps there. I will keep this one in mind the next time I am talking to one of our many medical accounts.

Thanks Absurd!!
            sigpic
            The first law states that energy is conserved: The change in the internal energy is equal to the amount added by heating minus the amount lost by doing work on the environment.

Comment

• Absurd
              Just a brick in the wall
              • Oct 2007

no problem man. my company just became a dealer for laserfiche and ive been nothing but impressed with it. the interface is windows based so no one ever has trouble learning how to browse for docs. and it will do everything and more than any other software we looked into.
              Southern Duplicating of Mississippi
              PSN: DrAbsurd (if you know you know)

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." [Samuel Adams]

Comment

Working...