PDA

View Full Version : OCR solutions?

Custom Search

Cipher
09-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Can anyone recommend some decent server side OCR software?

Main requirements.

Processing has to be fast and automated (directory monitoring).
Has to be able to do OCR for multiple languages.
Recognition and layout formatting needs to be accurate.

unisys12
09-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Have you looked into Doculex Goby Capture? I know it will do everything you need. Just not sure about the software recognizing different languages. I did some searching on their website, but was unable to find anything.

Also, have a surf over to the Ricoh SDG site. You can get there from TSC. :cool:

Cipher
09-10-2007, 07:58 PM
I've not heard of that one so I'll check it out, thanks.

BTW I've only access to the European based Ricoh resources.
The SDG site will not accept my registration as I'm not based in the USA.

tonyd
10-08-2007, 09:15 PM
hi Daz,

Just thought you may be interested in how we sell our ocr software. We buy omnipage professional for around £300 and then install it on the server. We then set it to monitor smb folders or emails(depending on customer requirements) It then auto processes the file and the customer can then retrieve it. Doing it this way means you only need one license and the way we install it is we charge the customer for each folder we set up. jobs a goodun!!!

Absurd
10-09-2007, 03:55 AM
one word for you

LASERFICHE

unisys12
10-10-2007, 02:10 AM
I checked out the Laserfiche site this morning. Seems like a nice set of apps there. I will keep this one in mind the next time I am talking to one of our many medical accounts.

Thanks Absurd!!

Absurd
10-10-2007, 03:58 PM
no problem man. my company just became a dealer for laserfiche and ive been nothing but impressed with it. the interface is windows based so no one ever has trouble learning how to browse for docs. and it will do everything and more than any other software we looked into.

Custom Search