PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Minolta C350 with intermittant C0096 and noise from right door.

Custom Search

wingit
07-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Can someone shed some light on Minolta Bizhub C350 with code of C0096.
The code happened Wedsday went-out Thursday cleared code, they called back Friday with code came back after less than 100 copies. I pulled all drums out and T-belt (spins freely) Transport belt is less than 6 months old,customer is low volume (4K month) manual says Image Transfer Belt pressure/retraction failure. Has a loud noise only when turning on copier, Copies look good, color and black/white.Noise coming from right-side door M7 underneath the transfer roller. I lubricated the the gears driven by M7 and the noise is less. Could the 2nd Image Tranfer pressure/retraction Moter M7 be putting to much stress on transport -belt causing code? Should I order M7?
Any help is always welcome. Machine has less than 250k.
Thank-you Sef

empiru
07-23-2011, 10:39 PM
Hi! I don't know what to say about that noise (are you sure it's not coming from the fixing unit?).. About the C0096 code, I can tell you, it clears temporarly if you open and close the front door (the one from the toner bottles) - so, if your customer has a little patience, he can use the machine in this way for a couple of days... I had the same code in a Minolta CF3102 (it's exactly the same code, meaning the same thing, belt retraction...etc) and first, I tried to change the assembly with the sensor and the motor for the belt retraction.. it didn't work, so I went further and changed the PWB-IO board; works like a charm since then (it's been about 4-5 months, and about 25k prints).. so I suggest you try this too, first, change the sensor and the motor and if nothing is happening, go further and change the PWB-MC (for C350). I hope this helps!

wingit
07-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Thanks, I opened the right side door and cheated the door and the noise was coming from M7 driveing the gears that put the transfer roller in contact with the transfer belt.
I will try the motor and sensor, first.
Then then go from there.
Thank-you Empiru

Custom Search