PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have drivers for MAC OSX ( 10.7 ) LION

Custom Search

BigDoorStudio
07-23-2011, 10:05 PM
that will work with Minolta CF-2002 running Fiery rip 5.5e?
Thanks for any suggestions.

empiru
07-23-2011, 11:05 PM
Ok, this may seem like a stupid question to ask, but did you try the KonicaMinolta site? And the onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/download/?

BigDoorStudio
07-23-2011, 11:20 PM
Ok, this may seem like a stupid question to ask, but did you try the KonicaMinolta site? And the onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/download/?

I went to the drivers download previously and nothing for 10.5, 10.6 or 10.7.I then followed your link and I saw some newer downloads but nothing I saw for MAC OS?

empiru
07-23-2011, 11:27 PM
Hmm... I searched too and only found something for 10.3 ... unfortunately, I have absolutely NO experience with MAC OS, so I have to ask, have you tried to install a driver for 10.3 on a 10.7? I don't know how it goes on MAC, but for Windows, there are compatibilities between them.. give it a try; I searched on the onyxftp for 3102 (or 2002, it will give you the same results...);here: Support & Drivers Search Results | Product: Fiery CN3102e (CF3102) OR Fiery CN3102e (CF2002) OR Fiery CN3102Pro (CF3102) (http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/download/SearchResults.aspx?productname=CN3102). Remember this site, it helped me a lot of times; I found there many drivers that don't exist on the konicaminolta official site (like drivers for 64 bit systems, for older copy machines).

BlueBlazer
07-27-2011, 04:33 PM
I would give it a few weeks before the official 10.7 drivers come out, any 10.6 drivers might work but I wouldn't hold my breath. Apple has had a nasty habit lately of just breaking driver and printer functionality with updates. (The recent 10.6.8 update comes to mind which kills SNMP functionality on all networked printers.)

edit: While typing his I get the email that the 10.6.8 update has been fixed so disregard.

BigDoorStudio
07-27-2011, 04:59 PM
I would give it a few weeks before the official 10.7 drivers come out, any 10.6 drivers might work but I wouldn't hold my breath. Apple has had a nasty habit lately of just breaking driver and printer functionality with updates. (The recent 10.6.8 update comes to mind which kills SNMP functionality on all networked printers.)

edit: While typing his I get the email that the 10.6.8 update has been fixed so disregard.

Thanks, I'll see if I can locate that link.

BlueBlazer
07-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Just another note, you may be best off by creating a legacy system and networking it to any newer systems that are going to be printing to it.

An old XP based computer would be your best bet to setup as a print server. According to EFI's website you are SOL, they havn't supported that model since 10.3 and its only going to get more difficult to find work around's to make it only kind of work. If you setup a small print server it will save you years of headaches, and continue to give you full functionality.

If you are intent on making it work on 10.7 you may look at another model's EFI drivers to maybe piece something together

BigDoorStudio
07-27-2011, 05:58 PM
That will work great. Right now I have them Bonjour printing from a stand alone MAC running older operating system ( TIGER ) that sits right next to the printer and that is all it does.

Thanks again for the insight. I didn't expect they would start supporting that printer. Konika/Minolta barely recognizes it.

Have a good one!

tblevins
07-27-2011, 11:47 PM
Konica Minolta and EFI stopped active support on the Mac side for the CF-2002 in 2005. On the link posted there will be four different drivers, the CN3101e is the Konica Minolta embedded controller, the CN3102e and the XPe are the embedded Fiery drivers and the S300 is the drivers for the external Fiery. I would not use the Mac drivers for 10.2 or 10.3 on your Mac since they are Rosetta based and will not work since the introduction of CUPS into Mac printing.

I would download the 10.3 driver and extract the ppd from the driver package and store it on your Mac. I would then install the print via Bonjour and use the ppd from the extracted 10.3 driver package. If you use the generic ppd you will not get any finishing features when you print. This is about the best you can hope for with such an old MFP. I don't have a single CF-2002 left in the field any longer as nearly all of my customers have upgraded to current product lines.

ESA
07-28-2011, 12:42 AM
I would have to agree with the load a generic PPD and work with that. Mac OSX does not like the auto install of older Fiery product. Support for this product has long since ended. If you do have a OSX PPD now for it then I would go with a manual load and skip any auto loaded. You'll likey need the Fiery patch for the newer OS anyway and you can find that in the BH C350 directory of support from KM. Good Luck

Custom Search