PDA

View Full Version : Toner Cyan must be replaced(C450)

Custom Search

akbareshghi
07-25-2011, 02:04 PM
my machine is displaying the message for replacing the Toner cartridge Cyan,
but the machine is operating
how much copies after displaying this message the machine can copy ?
thanks

empiru
07-25-2011, 02:51 PM
It depends on what you are printing, how much Cyan do the prints contain... BUT I DON'T RECOMMEND YOU USE ALL THE TONER LEFT IN THE DEVELOPING UNIT! If you forced it TOO MUCH, the developer is going to start "leaving" the developing units - at that point you will have to remanufacture the IU or buy a new one!

Stop printing! :)

akbareshghi
07-26-2011, 04:32 AM
so i must be replaced toner Cartridge soon , but two option is ahead me ,
one use of Generic toner cartridge(bottle) that has half price of Original Cartridge
please guide me about the above two options
thanks

Ianizer
07-26-2011, 05:28 AM
so i must be replaced toner Cartridge soon , but two option is ahead me ,
one use of Generic toner cartridge(bottle) that has half price of Original Cartridge
please guide me about the above two options
thanks

I don't recommend aftermarket toner... But that's my personal opinion. Others may disagree.
C450 imaging unit can be very finicky. It may save you a buck, but you'll buy an imaging unit sooner.
Pony up the dough for OE toner.
JMO.
-I

akbareshghi
08-27-2011, 06:50 AM
Ikon , VG , Charge bottles is facing to me to replace the empty toner cartridge with above brands
the price of 3 are (compatible Ikon=105$, Geniune VG=145$, bottle=80$)
please give me about con and pro of above brands and help me to select the best brand for C450 konica minolta
if you suggest me other brand(japan, China, ...)i appreaciate you very much
thanks a lot

pepper38_cnd
08-27-2011, 12:55 PM
Ianizer gave you good advise! But here is what you are asking for.

Generic Toner:
Pro's: It looks like you will save about $12 per unit based on buying all 3 at once.
Con's: You will probably be needing $900 worth of Image Units sooner than expected. You will probably spend an extra $100 to have a Tech tell you "you should have used the OEM Toner"

OEM Toner:
Pro's: It works without issues. Techs won't blame every quality problem on the Toner. IU's will go their average life
Con's: Cost about $12 per unit more.

I hope this helps.

nightshade
08-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Don't replace the toner until the machine stops and asks for it. If you do you are just wasting toner. You wont drain the image unit because there are sensors in place to prevent that from happening.

The best way to save money on toner is to use it up, wait for the machine to stop printing because it is empty.

habik
08-29-2011, 08:31 AM
We have been using Katun Performance in all our machines and were OK so far. But the cost saving is about £10-20 per unit. BE SURE you get the performance if you go for it.

Pepper38_cnd described it very well.

Custom Search