PDA

View Full Version : Bizhup Pro C6500 fuser error

Custom Search

Dedotch
07-25-2011, 03:00 PM
I am getting a C-3508 code on the fuser unit. It only stops when printing. The service manual says two things. Over heating and not winding properly. When I watch it as soon as the sheet starts to enter the unit in shuts down. I have changed fuser drive motor. Checked all bearings and gears. It does not appear to be binding however it is very tight when I turn it with the lower roller raised. If it were a heating issue shouldn't it code out sometime with out running or at least not always right as the sheet enters? Because it is stopping at the same place every time.

empiru
07-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Right at the fusing unit entrance, there is a sensor.. try changing that sensor and see if it works; If that doesn't detect the sheet of paper, the fixing unit won't turn.. I hope this helps!

Dedotch
07-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Replaced the sensor at the entry of the unit. NO GO Changed the both temp sensors. It worked for 10 copies. Then the same error C-3508.

empiru
07-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Ok, if you changed that sensor, go further and change (or at least verify) all the one-way gears from the front of the fixing unit; I myself had a C6500 with that code and it turned out, one of those gears was "slipping".

richd
07-25-2011, 06:39 PM
Yep check the gears, I've seen this before. As you look at the fuser drive from the front, on the left hand side there are 3 white,1 way gears. Two of them control the pressure retraction, two of them on one shaft, the 1 nearest the fuser controls the drive to the fuser rollers, try replacing this gear and the shaft. If you turn it by hand all works ok but slips when the mc starts feeding stock through.

Good luck, let us know how you get on :D

Custom Search