PDA

View Full Version : Best type of Fax for High Volume

Custom Search

Orion_joel
09-09-2007, 07:35 AM
Hi All,

I am new to the site, and have a questions i am hoping you may be able to help with. I have been selling Printers, Faxes, and MFP for quite some time now, but mostly for small business with low volume's so spec's have not really been much of an issue in terms that most machine do more then the client needs.

Well i am sort of stepping up to my first client that really needs a machine that does high volume faxing primarily and some copying secondly. The machine they initially wanted was a Canon iR2200 which the original supplier they approached claimed to be able to get but as yet has not delivered (i also believe this is a discontinued model if i am not wrong), in addition to this the room they are planning to place this machine is to small to really fit a full copier.

Basically what they need is a fax that can handle upto 1000 faxes of 2 to 12 pages per week and copying up to maybe 1500 - 3000 pages a week. I have through along the lines of two possible solutions to offer them, but really need some help with if the machines i am planning to offer can technically cope with the sort of through put i have just mentioned.

Option 1 - A Single Unit that includes copy and fax functions such as the Lexmark X642e or X646e, or a similar model in HP. (any model recommendations are welcome)

Option 2 - 3 Standalone units 2 X Standalone Fax either Brother FAX-8360P or Panasonic UF-6100 plus 1 X Laser MFP for their copying needs.

I believe that both options do have their benefits, but i am really not sure if either option can copy with the volumes i have mentioned or if a higher model is maybe required.

I really appreciate any help that can be offered here.

kind Regards
Joel Brown

wagon
09-09-2007, 09:11 AM
I would not touch any of the 'toy' multifunctions- eg brother, hp, lexmark or panasonic... What about something like a Konica Minolta Bizhub350 (or similar) with a fax installed? I think running costs for the small machines will be very high (a drum/toner every few weeks by the volume you are indicating) so a 'real' machine is really needed. Maybe a small ('spare') fax to use while the big machine is being serviced would be a good idea too.

I hope this helps.

09-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Wagon is on the right track, stay away from the smaller secondary brands for this one. At the volumes you are describing, a copier based MFP will have a much lower total cost of operation then a Brother or Samsung. I have had great success with the Kyocera KM-1650 or KM-2050 in this same scenario. 400k/500k pm cycles really help keep costs down, standard print/scan is a plus and the machine has a very small footprint if space is an issue.

blackcat4866
09-09-2007, 08:47 PM
As Sharp goes I would place nothing smaller than the MX-M450 MFP. And pack it full of memory.

Dukem
09-10-2007, 10:03 PM
I agree with 10871087. Those are good little work horses and cost effective for the end user.

freedomtt
10-14-2008, 10:36 PM
I agree to stay away from all of the consumer stuff like HP, lexmark, brother, samsung... pretty much anything you can buy at Staples or Best Buy.

How about a Canon LC-810 or 830i? A Canon IR-1023iF could easily do the job as well and still fit in the small footprint.

Eric1968
01-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Like Freedomtt says : stay away from Brother and all those small machines. I'm a Ricoh technician, so I would say an Aficio MP3350. Whatever brand you choose, don't buy a cheap all-in-one. It's better to invest some more money for a good machine that does the job, than to call a technician every week.

bnmand
06-17-2009, 11:41 AM
The machine they initially wanted was a Canon iR2200 which the original supplier they approached claimed to be able to get but as yet has not delivered (i also believe this is a discontinued model if i am not wrong), in addition to this the room they are planning to place this machine is to small to really fit a full copier.

The iR2200 is a discontinued model. It came out in 2001 I believe. It is a great machine which if serviced properly will do heaps of copies.

The iR2200 series consists of the iR2200, iR2800 and iR3300. The iR3300 being the high end. If you can't get an iR2200 you might be able to get a higher end model in the series.

If you get a machine from the iR2200 series and it doesn't come with a fax you will need to buy a fax kit and then upgrade the system software using SST via an IEEE1284 parallel cable or a nethawk cable.

If it doesn't have a network kit you may want to get one of those and use SST to upgrade the system software to make that work as well.

It's a great machine so if you can squeeze it in, I'd get it.

Custom Search