PDA

View Full Version : New problem on C6500

Custom Search

empiru
07-29-2011, 12:05 AM
Hi, there! I have now a new problem on a C6500 that I service. Every time the customer adds a new toner bottle, the machine doesn't "recognize" it and keeps asking to Add Toner. The imediate solution is to turn off/ on and then it works. I already tried a new version of firmware, it doesn't work. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks in advance!

Forgot to say, it happens on all colors + black.

Desert Rat
07-29-2011, 07:05 PM
empiru,
Did this just start? If so I would think there may be a broken wire or an open in the circuit that senses when the
bottles are replaced. It is not seeing the bottle being removed. When the machine power is cycled, it sees there
is a bottle in place and continues to power up and probably adds toner as needed.
I would run an input program to check the sensor. If no change, remove and clean the sensors. Or check the
sensor with a meter right at the connector for the sensor for a high and low. This way you will be able to
check for the proper working voltage.

Hope that helps

DR

empiru
07-29-2011, 08:42 PM
empiru,
Did this just start? If so I would think there may be a broken wire or an open in the circuit that senses when the
bottles are replaced. It is not seeing the bottle being removed. When the machine power is cycled, it sees there
is a bottle in place and continues to power up and probably adds toner as needed.
I would run an input program to check the sensor. If no change, remove and clean the sensors. Or check the
sensor with a meter right at the connector for the sensor for a high and low. This way you will be able to
check for the proper working voltage.

Hope that helps

DR

Thanks, Desert Rat - it really does help. About the sensors, you are right, BUT since the problem exists on all colors + black, I'm guessing, it would be something that's common to all of them.. maybe a board? I don't know yet, but your input helps me. Thanks! And to answer your question, yes, it started randomly, one day, after about 4 years since the company I work for services it..

Ianizer
07-30-2011, 03:40 AM
Hi, there! I have now a new problem on a C6500 that I service. Every time the customer adds a new toner bottle, the machine doesn't "recognize" it and keeps asking to Add Toner. The imediate solution is to turn off/ on and then it works. I already tried a new version of firmware, it doesn't work. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks in advance!

Forgot to say, it happens on all colors + black.

Hi Emp,

The solution guide (May revision) gave me this hit on "Toner Light Flashing":

Check for 24V DC at CN709 of the Toner Driving Board assembly (TSDB). When 24V DC is present replace M53 (p/n 27LA 8003 2E).Check for 24V DC IN at CN704 of the TSDB (p/n 65AA -906 1E). Replace DCPS/2 (p/n A03U M402 01) when there is no 24V DCIN present at CN704.

Hth.

-I

empiru
07-30-2011, 08:17 AM
Thanks, Ianizer! Will try it after I get back from vacation.

empiru
07-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Problem solved! I feel so stupid... maybe because I am stupid? :)) I didn't seem to find any sensors that "see" when the bottle is removed, I found only one sensor that "sees" when the toner bottle door is open; cleaned it and it fixed the problem. So, Desert Rat, you were right, it was a dirty sensor. So simple... I'm embarassed that I posted this problem :( But maybe someone can use this info in the future :)

Ianizer
07-30-2011, 06:57 PM
Vacation? Who said you could go on vacation? Techs get vacation? WTH? When did this happen?

Anyway.

Emp,

On a XDC252, I once sacrificed many hours of my life over the course of several months; many dollars worth of boards, clutches, sensors and drive parts; and quite nearly my customer's good confidence (not to mention, my soundness of mind), puzzling over over a recurring finisher fault code that turned out to be the exit clamp spring being so tight that it was binding a perfectly strong clutch...

Wasn't the first time, and it probably won't be the last.

Chalk it up to experience, my friend and move on. Just added another hit to the zettabyte knowledgebase between your ears.

-I

empiru
07-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Vacation? Who said you could go on vacation? Techs get vacation? WTH? When did this happen?

Anyway.

Emp,

On a XDC252, I once sacrificed many hours of my life over the course of several months; many dollars worth of boards, clutches, sensors and drive parts; and quite nearly my customer's good confidence (not to mention, my soundness of mind), puzzling over over a recurring finisher fault code that turned out to be the exit clamp spring being so tight that it was binding a perfectly strong clutch...

Wasn't the first time, and it probably won't be the last.

Chalk it up to experience, my friend and move on. Just added another hit to the zettabyte knowledgebase between your ears.

-I

:) Yes, you're right. It all stacks up on the experience shelf, so to speak.. and in the end, I'm pretty confident, that experience matters the most in this field.
And about the vacation, you were right... I actually am on vacation, but haven't got out of the city yet and was soooo curious if I can solve it quickly, so I went at the location today :) I know... call me whatever you want, but sometimes, I just can't help it...

Ianizer
07-30-2011, 09:09 PM
...I actually am on vacation...

And posting to CTN...

Nerd.

-I

RRodgers
07-30-2011, 09:36 PM
And posting to CTN...

Nerd.

-I
Hey, maybe he missed you?!?! lol

Ianizer
07-30-2011, 09:45 PM
Hey, maybe he missed you?!?! lol

It was a compliment.

Proud a ya, son. Proud a ya...

-I

Desert Rat
07-31-2011, 11:47 PM
empiru,
Your post has helped everyone including me. Every tech has chased that odd ball problem
just to find it was a simple solution.
I have learned to see when this is happening most of the time. Then I take a break,
go outside, get away from the copier. Have a soda or a snack and go back and
have a fresh look at the problem. And that sometimes helps.
Sometimes we just need to hear the right question. Many times the customer has
asked me the right question or provided a key piece of information that puts the
puzzle pieces in place.

Glad I could ask the right question this time.

DR

Custom Search