PDA

View Full Version : IC-408 fiery...

Custom Search

inutelkamo
07-30-2011, 05:08 AM
Good day.. need help on my colorwise pro tools.. i cant open the "profile manager".. it displays "error activating colorwise protool application" but other application like "calibrator" "color editor" execpt only the profile manager.. need help.. im running on ineo +6500...

empiru
07-30-2011, 08:23 AM
I would just re-install the CWS with all the optionals. You don't need a tech to do that, it's just a program to install.

RRodgers
07-30-2011, 08:57 AM
I would just re-install the CWS with all the optionals. You don't need a tech to do that, it's just a program to install.

yeah that

Ianizer
07-30-2011, 07:35 PM

+1.

Actually, I'd uninstall all CWS & components from my computer; reboot; then download CWS 5.3 fresh from EFI & install anew.
Just the calibrator tool comes bundled with CWS if you choose not to check and install ProTools. I believe for full color editor functionality, you will want to install ProTools.

-I

inutelkamo
07-31-2011, 03:38 PM
+1.

Actually, I'd uninstall all CWS & components from my computer; reboot; then download CWS 5.3 fresh from EFI & install anew.
Just the calibrator tool comes bundled with CWS if you choose not to check and install ProTools. I believe for full color editor functionality, you will want to install ProTools.

-I

Hey there! just got back from out of town..

Actually i have re install the command work station.. it is cws 4 actually, and i did check the pro tools, all of the box that can be check, i check, including hot folders and remote scan.. but still the same.. i tried it on 2 PC's but still wont go..

there one more that i never tried, reformating the fiery..

Would it help??

Ianizer
07-31-2011, 04:09 PM
Ah... No. I wouldn't go there just yet... When you say "reformat"... Do you have system code to reload & knowledge to reconfigure?... CWS is merely an interface with the Fiery... Outside chance of a controller issue, but more likely application or client... Are you logged in as Administrator?... Sorry about the dot-dot-dot posting from my mobile acts weird. -I

inutelkamo
07-31-2011, 04:26 PM
Ah... No. I wouldn't go there just yet... When you say "reformat"... Do you have system code to reload & knowledge to reconfigure?... CWS is merely an interface with the Fiery... Outside chance of a controller issue, but more likely application or client... Are you logged in as Administrator?... Sorry about the dot-dot-dot posting from my mobile acts weird. -I

YEs.. log-in as administrator..
All function in colorwise tools are okey..
Calibrator, profile editor, and image something..

But the one, "Profile Manger" is the one that i can open..

But the rest were okey..

its the first time i encounter that...

Ianizer
07-31-2011, 11:09 PM

Okay. So, you can open the profile editor or you cannot open the profile editor? I'm confused.

Did you uninstall and reinstall the same download of CWS that you had?

My recommendation was:
Uninstall CWS.
Reboot computer.
Go to EFI.com and download CWS 5.3.
Install it.
You will probably be prompted to reboot to complete install.
Inspect functionality.

-I

empiru
07-31-2011, 11:15 PM
Okay. So, you can open the profile editor or you cannot open the profile editor? I'm confused.

Did you uninstall and reinstall the same download of CWS that you had?

My recommendation was:
Uninstall CWS.
Reboot computer.
Go to EFI.com and download CWS 5.3.
Install it.
You will probably be prompted to reboot to complete install.
Inspect functionality.

-I

Actually, he cannot open the profile editor (that was his problem in the first place) - saw his mistake too, didn't care that much, because, let's be honest: it doesn't take that long to solve a problem of uninstalling/ installing a program. It's a good thing you are patient, though :)

Ianizer
08-01-2011, 12:37 AM
Actually, he cannot open the profile editor (that was his problem in the first place) - saw his mistake too, didn't care that much, because, let's be honest: it doesn't take that long to solve a problem of uninstalling/ installing a program. It's a good thing you are patient, though :)

Self-preservation. If I weren't, I'd have bleeding ulcers.
Sometimes people get in a hurry or decide portions of my instructions are with merit, others not... Or, just aren't paying attention.
(shhh... Wonder what he'll do this time...Let's watch...).

-I

inutelkamo
08-01-2011, 01:36 PM
well give a try..
About to download CWS 5.3...
:)

Ianizer
08-01-2011, 03:38 PM
well give a try..About to download CWS 5.3...:) Good man! Good sort, too... No dispespect intended... My instructions aren't guaranteed to fix all woes, but we must follow the process.... -I

inutelkamo
08-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Hey guys..

Problem solve..

I had hard time downloading the CWS5.3, so while im downloading, i tried to install cws4.7 on my windows xp laptop..

It worked... Thanks a lot.. but in W7 it didnt work.. so i put the cws5.3 on Windows 7, but my client hate it..

She said, "im used with older version so put it back" Okey..

Theks.. :)

Ianizer
08-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Hey guys..

Problem solve..

I had hard time downloading the CWS5.3, so while im downloading, i tried to install cws4.7 on my windows xp laptop..

It worked... Thanks a lot.. but in W7 it didnt work.. so i put the cws5.3 on Windows 7, but my client hate it..

She said, "im used with older version so put it back" Okey..

Theks.. :)

Btw, Inu, CWS 5.x can be installed in tandem with older versions.
I frequently use this option to ween users off the venerable v.4.
Just install 4, then install 5, but don't choose Upgrade.
Gives them a nice, fuzzy security blanket.
Soon, 4 will fall into disuse. ;)
-I

Onetouch
08-19-2011, 05:30 PM
I also installed CWS 4 but I can not log in;
It asking for password I put defult password as "Fiery.1" but It dosen't work,
Do you know what is the password?
And by the way my fiery has no passord on it, It's IC-405
Thanks,

YEs.. log-in as administrator..
All function in colorwise tools are okey..
Calibrator, profile editor, and image something..

But the rest were okey..

its the first time i encounter that...

Ianizer
08-20-2011, 06:59 PM
I also installed CWS 4 but I can not log in;
It asking for password I put defult password as "Fiery.1" but It dosen't work,
Do you know what is the password?
And by the way my fiery has no passord on it, It's IC-405
Thanks,

You just answered your own question.

-I

Onetouch
08-20-2011, 07:47 PM
You just answered your own question.-I I can log in even without punching any password either.Do I need to put password on my fiery first and then use the same password from command workstation to login?

Ianizer
08-20-2011, 08:06 PM
I can log in even without punching any password either.Do I need to put password on my fiery first and then use the same password from command workstation to login?

Negative.
As you log in as Administrator through copier or Fiery interface, CWS will be no different.
The password may have been changed with new password left blank or, on some newer Fiery's, password may be simply disabled.
Some older Fiery's did not have a default password: Password=blank.

-I

Custom Search