PDA

View Full Version : Problem Banner Printing On C550 And C451

Custom Search

mindhunter
07-31-2011, 09:04 PM
Hello Everybody.
I Bought a C451 and a C550 Copier.
My C451 Copier have a Banner Printing On the menu.In the other hand my C550 Copier Doesnt Have Banner Printing.
At first I want to know what is a Standard Size for Banner printing ?
How Can i activate this option on the C550?
Thanks Everybody for Helping Me these days With your answers.
Im waiting for your Suggestion again .

Sincerely
Mindhunter.

SCHWARZ
08-01-2011, 02:30 AM
11091 i think C550 can't print banner

Ianizer
08-01-2011, 04:56 AM
i think C550 can't print banner
I concur.

On the 451, is the MK-715 accessory installed?
Is an FS-519 installed?
Do you have a Fiery?

-I

knpgazem
08-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Banner printing has been a common function on all Bizhub MFDs since the release of the C250.

This includes, but not limited to, the C451 and C550 models

if however, you have a staple finisher of any, kind banner printing is disabled.

Banner printing is only available WITH a finisher on the latest models - C280 and C452 series.

the correct sizes for banner printing are 297mm x 840mm. It is easiest to print a PDF banner. Printing will be delayed - don't hold your breath.

MS Word page sizes do not allow this extreme paper size so as a workaround use a quarter size (148mm x 420mm) and then increase the size to fit the large paper size in the printer driver.

remember, when the MFD is in banner mode, normal printing cannot be recieved by the device - the jobs will be deleted automatically. - bugger!

p.s. if you remove the finisher (if attached) power cycle the MFD, banner printing will be available.

mindhunter
08-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Banner printing has been a common function on all Bizhub MFDs since the release of the C250.

This includes, but not limited to, the C451 and C550 models

if however, you have a staple finisher of any, kind banner printing is disabled.

Banner printing is only available WITH a finisher on the latest models - C280 and C452 series.

the correct sizes for banner printing are 297mm x 840mm. It is easiest to print a PDF banner. Printing will be delayed - don't hold your breath.

MS Word page sizes do not allow this extreme paper size so as a workaround use a quarter size (148mm x 420mm) and then increase the size to fit the large paper size in the printer driver.

remember, when the MFD is in banner mode, normal printing cannot be recieved by the device - the jobs will be deleted automatically. - bugger!

p.s. if you remove the finisher (if attached) power cycle the MFD, banner printing will be available.
But I have 2 Copier Now . Both of them Doesnt have Finisher and Fiery. But in the C451 Menu We have Banner Printing Option While In the C550 We Dont .
My Customer Ask Me why This one has Banner Printing And C550 hasnt.They Think Its A Big Different And C550 is worse than C451? I dont Know How to Explain them . its just a option and i cant Satsify them .So I want to know That what i have to do to just appear this option on the menu? even it will be decorative.

knpgazem
08-05-2011, 04:15 AM
It sounds likely that the C550 is using old (original) firmware.

please upgrade to the latest standard version.

this should be done anyway, even if the banner mode still does not appear.

solis557
08-12-2011, 07:42 PM
When i went to class on this machine we were told that the C451 could do banner printing by seperating the sorter and placing the paper in the bypass unit, and C550 and C650 could not do banner printing. her is what ssd says:

Products:
bizhub C650
bizhub C550
Options:
None Specified

Details

Subject:
Is Banner printing supported?
Description:
Is Banner printing supported?
Solution:
Banner printing is not supported

Ianizer
08-13-2011, 07:56 AM
I'd find knpgazem's explanation perfectly reasonable.Probably a simple base FW update.If youlook at the fine print, most specs are "subject to change without notice".-I

mindhunter
08-14-2011, 07:35 PM
do you think it work ? if i change the FW?

mindhunter
08-14-2011, 07:36 PM
I'd find knpgazem's explanation perfectly reasonable.Probably a simple base FW update.If youlook at the fine print, most specs are "subject to change without notice".-I

do you think it work ? if i change the FW?

Ianizer
08-15-2011, 03:49 PM
do you think it work ? if i change the FW? Well, I'm sure I don't know... Update to the latest base FW & find out... Or, if so equipped, research Special FW that may or may not add the functionality... -I

anhlinh78
05-12-2013, 02:21 PM
HI Friends,
I also have the same situation, I have three machines but notthing has banner printing function.
Please help me to set up to display the number 6 for banner printing function.
Thanks and regards,
Linh Anh.

emujo
05-13-2013, 02:14 PM
Anything with a "C"(office systems) in front of it can do banners...it's the finisher that inhibits the function on the C650 series...If the 517/608 is installed then the option will be gone from the utility menu..If no finisher is installed, then the MFP can do banners...The service manual says C451 only for banner printing, but I have many C650/550 at our UPS accounts that use the banner print functions so it must be an older version of firmware you are looking at..I believe the C650 series is at function version 3, but you have to enable this version using the latest firmware and a change to the soft switches. Emujo

Synaux
11-05-2013, 04:57 AM
Anything with a "C"(office systems) in front of it can do banners...it's the finisher that inhibits the function on the C650 series...If the 517/608 is installed then the option will be gone from the utility menu..If no finisher is installed, then the MFP can do banners...The service manual says C451 only for banner printing, but I have many C650/550 at our UPS accounts that use the banner print functions so it must be an older version of firmware you are looking at..I believe the C650 series is at function version 3, but you have to enable this version using the latest firmware and a change to the soft switches. Emujo

Hey emujo,
I have never had an occasion to do a banner until now, much less operate a c650 without a finisher. When I remove the finisher the machine says there is a door open.
Sitting at home, I am thinking I might be able to put all the finisher-like options set in trouble mode
I have the latest base firmware installed.

You wouldn't happen to know what switches to change would you??

Or if there is a relevant special firmware--there are only about 74 to sort through...
I compiled ALL the special firmware pdf documentation into one giant file and searched for "banner." The only remotely relevant entery is this in DLBT1101114EN02:
"3. The size of loaded paper is not automatically detected even if you load the paper on Bypass Tray after Banner printing. [PEBJKS11000774]"
However, the text is struck through...curious...

Avskrap
11-05-2013, 11:03 AM
If it says a door is open when you've removed the finisher, you haven't removed the vertical transport. It's enough just to disconnect the contact from the rear and hold the vertical transport open while printing.

Synaux
11-05-2013, 06:16 PM
I think you meant the output tray.
I disconnected the output tray and was able to operate the machine without a finisher (cool trick)

Pressed the utility key, but banner printing is not available.

I did this with two different c650's and one has an IC-409 installed.
Latest Base firmware on both

westvandude
05-22-2014, 05:06 PM
I'm trying to get this going too. Previous C353 had the option. We only occasionally do banners for our retail displayers.... this sucks. :mad: Paying $12 per print from Staples. Argh!! Have a C550, 608 finisher. Tried with finisher removed, no difference.

Have another tech buddy looking into this but no luck so far. Will check firmware next. Nothing in admin settings or service mode I can find. Won't allow larger than 12x18 or whatever largest paper size is, custom sizes comes back with error and can't go larger anyway.

This one has same fiery as the previous C353. Not that it matters.

Why did KM turn this feature off on these models??

Synaux
05-24-2014, 06:26 AM
I'm trying to get this going too. Previous C353 had the option. We only occasionally do banners for our retail displayers.... this sucks. :mad: Paying $12 per print from Staples. Argh!! Have a C550, 608 finisher. Tried with finisher removed, no difference.

Have another tech buddy looking into this but no luck so far. Will check firmware next. Nothing in admin settings or service mode I can find. Won't allow larger than 12x18 or whatever largest paper size is, custom sizes comes back with error and can't go larger anyway.

This one has same fiery as the previous C353. Not that it matters.

Why did KM turn this feature off on these models??

I never found the software switch Emujo is referencing, but I suspect that if the marketing area was changed to Japan it might work (these models will do banner printing in Japan--I read this from some document from Konica).
That being said, I have never changed the marketing area to Japan so I don't know if it will change the language too...?

tetreault
06-20-2014, 02:03 PM
Yes it might.

emujo
06-20-2014, 02:21 PM
Softswitch 25. If you look at MENU/UTLILTY/ there should be a device information choice. This shows your management version. I believe the C650 series is at ver 3. Emujo

Synaux
06-23-2014, 10:57 PM
Softswitch 25. If you look at MENU/UTLILTY/ there should be a device information choice. This shows your management version. I believe the C650 series is at ver 3. Emujo

Emujo, thanks for replying again.
What are the bit or hex assignments? I just checked two machines and the defaults for switch 25 are all zeroes.

I managed to locate several identical bulletins for the
c452/552/662/220/223/280/360/363/423 and maybe a few others I missed.

Solution ID 3 Solution Usage TAUS1002001EN*Description
"Failure: Get Open API version" error when trying to import anything from the selected device.
Solution
CAUSE: The current management version, version 3, has not been selected.

SOLUTION:Change the management version to version 3 by performing the following:
Firmware upgrading procedure from 1st Version to 2nd Version "Function Version3"
1. Install the Firmware of 2nd Version to MFP. For details, please refer to the Service Manual.
2. If 1st version movie data has been already installed, delete it in Service Mode.
3. Install 2nd version movie data to MFP.
4. Change Software Switch Setting to the following in Service Mode.
Switch No.: 25
HEX Assignment: 20
5. Turn OFF/ON the main switch.

I went ahead and changed switch 25 to hex20 just for the hell of it resulting in no change (as far as I can tell).

As for management version, when I print the config page there is nothing listed for "Management Version" like in the sample from the bulletin. I think these models predate this "management version" and movie data..

8.7 Banner Printing (bizhub C451 only) [with FS-519]
• It will not be displayed when the optional finisher FS-517/608 is mounted.
• It will not be displayed when the following setting shows that vendor is mounted.
[Service Mode] → [Billing Setting] → [Management Function Choice]
This option is available in Utility Mode option 6 (options are allow/restrict) which never shows on a c650.

I just wasted another 30min reading the manuals/active solutions that all say in one way or another that it is not supported for the c550/650, but is on the c451 only with the FS-519. Then I read somewhat conflicting info on a supplemental document for the ICC-409

Banner Printing is supported by both types of finishers: FS-519 and
FS-609. Please note that to successfully execute this function with the
FS-609, pull the finisher away from the MFP before you start printing.
It is also possible to perform banner printing when NO finisher is attached
OR if the JS-505 is installed on the C353 and C253.

I love these two out of the active solutions for the c650:

Solution ID 2 Solution Usage TAUS0702343EN*
Description
IsBanner printing supported?
Solution
Banner printing is not supported.

Solution ID Solution Usage TAUS0703817EN*
Description
Why Banner printing defaults the driver to Thick 3 and the setting is greyed out.
Solution
This is normal operation for both the driver and the printer. The machine will slow down when printing onto banner paper sizes.

Synaux
06-24-2014, 03:34 AM
Also, regarding switch 25, maybe I am missing something, but is there a chart, list, document, or something for the switches for these models?

One thing I like about some other models is that the switches are clearly listed in the service manuals...

Custom Search