PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C351 Rainbow Background

Custom Search

mrfuser
08-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Anyone know what causes a rainbow type background effect when running full color on the C351? Black and White is perfect.

Thanks

Kelly

BIG PAPA
08-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Can you attach a sample? Is it all over or down one side? If it is just down the side I would expect the belt, but then again it is not showing on black and white. Seeing it would help.

mrfuser
08-01-2011, 10:07 PM
I will try to attach later. It is ALL over copy on full color mode.

Thanks

Kelly

JustManuals
08-02-2011, 12:09 AM
This Parts & Service manual can be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

MILLER4157
08-02-2011, 04:41 AM
My first guess would be that you have something going on with the cleaning assembly in the belt. if you open the door on the right hand side and look at the transfer belt, can you see lines or the defect on the belt?

So its only in full color mode? no black and white?

Try running solid color prints and then try running black and white copies to verify.

If only in full color mode, try cleaning your led assemblies. they are located under each imaging unit.

Ianizer
08-02-2011, 05:41 AM
Anyone know what causes a rainbow type background effect when running full color on the C351? Black and White is perfect.

Thanks

Kelly

Kelly.

Please enter test print mode and run a 4 single-color grid pattern, preferably Tabloid.
Tell me if you have poor/broken fill in any one color. Vary the pattern density if your eyes seem to be deceiving you. (Lower density may seem to present the problem more clearly.)
You might run the grid cleaner rod out and in several times and run a TRC Toner Supply up to several times for the effected color, and you will begin to believe this is helping... But you will only think that.

Please post your results. I am very interested to know if any other regions are dealing with this, what color is effected, and what, if any, non-OEM brand of toner you might be using, and what is your region.

Ostensibly, there is a fix for this, a (early on, FOC) part kit from K-M.
If it's what I think it is, you have a failing IU.
Sadly, we do no refurbish IUs, but I suspect a soiled charging grid.
The "fix" is primarily preventative.

Let me know if you'd like the part numbers and further explanation.

I look forward to your attached samples.

-I

mrfuser
08-05-2011, 01:26 AM
3 Bad IU's. Replaced CMY, works great now. Strange they all failed at once,but not black.

Thanks

Kelly

Ianizer
08-05-2011, 01:40 AM
Yeah, image quality would be great. For a minute.

Thanks for the followup, but did you run the grid patterns, and are you using OE toner?

-I

Custom Search