PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous VL2821

Custom Search

stub
08-02-2011, 01:31 AM
My machine reboots itself several times a day. There are no error codes and it works ok until it reboots. Any ideas are appreciated.

pcrich
02-14-2012, 04:53 PM
I have a vl2821 rebooting every few minutes when plugged into the client's network. It shows an abort code "0x0000999a" briefly when it reboots.
Once it has rebooted, the web interface is no longer available. It will still print, but seems to reboot about every 5 minutes. The only way to get the web interface available again is to reset the switch next to the cfc slot, (initial mode), which wipes out all the settings. It does not do this when it is not plugged into the network. Nor does it reboot when I am crossed over to with a laptop, or have it and my laptop plugged into a switch not connected to their network.
I can use the network connection at the copier with my laptop without any problems - it seems to be fine. The client's IT support has come in and tested the network and jack and no problems appear. I have seen a note online with other K-M brand machines that this particular code can be an NVRAM issue. The service manual sais MFBS board, which I have replaced. Will try the NVRAM.

kronical
02-15-2012, 02:46 PM
I have seen this problem a few times on this model and similar models. You have a corrupted print driver on the network.

pcrich
02-15-2012, 03:28 PM
Print driver Yes indeed, or more precisely print job. Found the problem yesterday.
Tried to install the NVRAM, but service manual and tech support lacked procedure and all I got on the display with the new NVRAM was the word "ERROR".
I put the old one back in.

I then went to each workstation in the building to see which ones had print jobs in que for the copier. I discovered two. One had 1 job in it that the client said she sent after all the problems occured and forgot to delete. Not the culprit. The other had about 12 jobs in que. Which I am sure dated to the day the problem occured. It was a win7 32 bit client. I was unable to delete the jobs untill I made another printer the default printer. I was then able to delete the jobs and make the copier the default printer again. I also noticed this was the only computer in the building that it installed as a network share from the server, there are about 10 clients and all the others are local installs. I am going back today when I will have someone with admin rights there so I can delete the network printer and do a local install. I did send several print jobs from that client, after I cleared the que, no problems. But, will install local driver anyway to be safe.

So, problem was a bad print job rebooting the machine. Everytime you plugged back in network - reque and crash. Wish I had taken a look at exactly what the print job was before deleting, would have been nice to know, but, at that point was just trying to get machine on line with clean que.

emujo
02-15-2012, 03:35 PM
I've seen issues where the client was using a PS driver cause this abort code..switched back to PCL and problem resolved. Emujo

kronical
02-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Print driver Yes indeed, or more precisely print job. Found the problem yesterday.
Tried to install the NVRAM, but service manual and tech support lacked procedure and all I got on the display with the new NVRAM was the word "ERROR".
I put the old one back in.

I then went to each workstation in the building to see which ones had print jobs in que for the copier. I discovered two. One had 1 job in it that the client said she sent after all the problems occured and forgot to delete. Not the culprit. The other had about 12 jobs in que. Which I am sure dated to the day the problem occured. It was a win7 32 bit client. I was unable to delete the jobs untill I made another printer the default printer. I was then able to delete the jobs and make the copier the default printer again. I also noticed this was the only computer in the building that it installed as a network share from the server, there are about 10 clients and all the others are local installs. I am going back today when I will have someone with admin rights there so I can delete the network printer and do a local install. I did send several print jobs from that client, after I cleared the que, no problems. But, will install local driver anyway to be safe.

So, problem was a bad print job rebooting the machine. Everytime you plugged back in network - reque and crash. Wish I had taken a look at exactly what the print job was before deleting, would have been nice to know, but, at that point was just trying to get machine on line with clean que.

Yes, in all instances of this issue that I have encountered it was due to corrupt server driver, or a corrupt job on the server. Of course once the driver is locked up it stops communicating, and once a new job gets queued it starts trying to communicate.

Custom Search