PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub 250 and Equitrac Pagecounter

Custom Search

mrwho
08-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Hello there.

Can someone please confirm to me if an equitrac pagecounter can be connected to a bizhub 250 to control prints and copies?

Cheers!

mrwho
08-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Okay, I'll put this question from another perspective: A customer wants the bizhub 250 users to authenticate via rfid cards. As far as I know, using Equitrac and a pagecounter terminal is the only way of doing it. Am I wrong?

I've heard something about papercut, but I believe it also needs a terminal (I believe they also use pagecounters). Is that right?

Come on, throw me a bone here! :)

Mr Spock
08-04-2011, 01:22 AM
Equitrac can be used but I do not have any to check right now.

mrwho
08-04-2011, 03:26 AM
Equitrac can be used but I do not have any to check right now.

Thank you for your feedback.

Yes, I believe Equitrac and Papercut can be used. I'd like to confirm that if possible and I'd also like to know if there are any other ways of doing this.

Cheers!

Mr Spock
08-05-2011, 12:18 AM
The documentation on the 250 says key counter/ external vendor devices can be used but does not specifically state equitrac. Ir should work but I have not been to one using that feature.

pepper38_cnd
08-05-2011, 12:12 PM
When it comes to connecting a control device to a copier via the key counter connector, it is important not to over think it. Most key counter plugs have only 2 signals enable and count. Once a device is connected all control and calculations are now the responsibility of the the device it doesn't matter if it's Equitrac, CopyTrack, Vend a Card, or any other device. I have some pictures in my profile of some Bizhub 200's with a card vend system, we have about 22 of them as well as C203's at our local University.

Custom Search