PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C351 IU Problem Black ghosting All IUs Won't reset

Custom Search

mcmurphi
08-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Hello Techs, Just throwing this in your forum in hopes of finding a solution as the people I purchased the machine a few years ago are not much help. I have maintained the machine myself for years and it has been pretty flawless but this one leaves me scratching my head. I replaced all the IU's at the same time a couple of thousand prints ago but the black is ghosting, not all over the doc but in certain areas. I follow factory installation process to the tee. All the IU's reset themselves, at least it appeared that way. They each took the proper time to recalibrate but are not resetting when you look at the consumable usage. This happened about 18 months ago and the tech put in a new motherboard. An expense I'm positive I did not need. It did not help but then one day it just fixed itself. I replaced the black filter that comes with the black IU and the next day it reset but I really don't think that was the solution. Firmware may need to reinstalled I don't know. If anyone can help me resolve this issue I don't expect it be free but would be glad to compensate someone who can guide me through this to a solution. The IUs were OEM purchased from a dealer so they are fine, nothing wrong with IU's. I believe the black laying down too much toner because it did not reset or something. Again, if someone can help me I would be very grateful. I hate to call the company I purchased this from as they really don't know what they are doing.
Mcmurphi

JustManuals
08-02-2011, 06:57 PM
This Parts & Service manual can be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

empiru
08-02-2011, 09:39 PM
I suggest you call another technician to help you with the problem.

mcmurphi
08-02-2011, 09:51 PM
I suggest you call another technician to help you with the problem.
I would gladly pay another tech but none of them, that have tried to help me, has actually solved this problem. On this issue, I was told to buy all new IUs and try again by one tech...Which I did. I'm not trying to get free advice here, if someone really knows this machine, I would gladly reward them.

Mcmurphi

Ianizer
08-02-2011, 10:03 PM
I concur.
Your problem requires a qualified tech with access to current firmware, access to system known issues -- that's what this is -- and a general understanding of the product.
Board problem? Highly doubtful.
-I

mcmurphi
08-02-2011, 10:06 PM
If there is a tech in the Puget Sound that has a decent idea of what maybe causing this issue, I would gladly have them come by. But I'm not going to call another Konica dealer to have them come out and only end up doing the routine maint because they are stumped. If you are a tech in the Puget Sound, have an idea, by all means contact me and we can get this solved.

empiru
08-02-2011, 10:16 PM
If there is a tech in the Puget Sound that has a decent idea of what maybe causing this issue, I would gladly have them come by. But I'm not going to call another Konica dealer to have them come out and only end up doing the routine maint because they are stumped. If you are a tech in the Puget Sound, have an idea, by all means contact me and we can get this solved.

I would be glad to help you, unfortunately, I'm about 8000 km far from you :) I really apreciate, though, that you understand us when we tell you to call a tech. Thumbs up for that! Many end users don't understand that...

mcmurphi
08-02-2011, 10:23 PM
I would be glad to help you, unfortunately, I'm about 8000 km far from you :) I really apreciate, though, that you understand us when we tell you to call a tech. Thumbs up for that! Many end users don't understand that...
Thanks for responding. I'm sure there is someone out there. There is an old saying; "As a dog returns to his vomit, so does a fool to his folly." I'm not about to return to my dealer.

Ianizer
08-02-2011, 10:43 PM

As for me, personally, it's not that I am unwilling to help.
Based on the description of your particular issue, you would best benefit from a qualified service professional.

Please check PM for a referal.

-I

mcmurphi
08-02-2011, 10:48 PM
A referral is always nice, thanks Ianizer.

Ianizer
08-03-2011, 06:09 AM
A referral is always nice, thanks Ianizer.

I certainly hope it's helpful.

To all:

Please be advised, this is a personal communication outlet for me and, in no way, are my posts here intended to "drum up business" for my company. My participation in CTN is for my own personal edification and the edification of others. I am a Copier Nerd. It's what I do.

I will only speak of my firm in the most general of terms and referrals will only be made via Private Message if, in my judgement, it would be beneficial and appropriate.

I will never initiate first contact based on a referral and do not do "side work". That is not what I do.

Should we chance to meet in the business sector, I will endeavor to be a helpful, friendly professional, and may be contacted through normal business channels. Here, I reserve the right to be -- including, but not limited to -- a jerk, a smart alec, an idiot, short, curt, terse, funny, not so funny, and downright wrong.

Any questions?

-I

henrylargaespada
08-03-2011, 06:15 AM
Hello Techs, Just throwing this in your forum in hopes of finding a solution as the people I purchased the machine a few years ago are not much help. I have maintained the machine myself for years and it has been pretty flawless but this one leaves me scratching my head. I replaced all the IU's at the same time a couple of thousand prints ago but the black is ghosting, not all over the doc but in certain areas. I follow factory installation process to the tee. All the IU's reset themselves, at least it appeared that way. They each took the proper time to recalibrate but are not resetting when you look at the consumable usage. This happened about 18 months ago and the tech put in a new motherboard. An expense I'm positive I did not need. It did not help but then one day it just fixed itself. I replaced the black filter that comes with the black IU and the next day it reset but I really don't think that was the solution. Firmware may need to reinstalled I don't know. If anyone can help me resolve this issue I don't expect it be free but would be glad to compensate someone who can guide me through this to a solution. The IUs were OEM purchased from a dealer so they are fine, nothing wrong with IU's. I believe the black laying down too much toner because it did not reset or something. Again, if someone can help me I would be very grateful. I hate to call the company I purchased this from as they really don't know what they are doing.
Mcmurphi
Solution
CAUSE: One of the alignment pins on the black LPH assembly is loose, bent or broken. This will cause the black LPH assembly not to align properly with the
black imaging unit when the locking lever is set. There are two alignment pins on the LPH assembly, one on each end.
SOLUTION: Straighten the alignment pin or replace the black LPH assembly if necessary.
Try this,,,

mcmurphi
08-03-2011, 06:31 AM
Solution
CAUSE: One of the alignment pins on the black LPH assembly is loose, bent or broken. This will cause the black LPH assembly not to align properly with the
black imaging unit when the locking lever is set. There are two alignment pins on the LPH assembly, one on each end.
SOLUTION: Straighten the alignment pin or replace the black LPH assembly if necessary.
Try this,,,
Hey thanks for the advise. Would that reset the consumable usage too? It really is a two part problem. I'm sure my next move is contacting a tech that will know what is going on here. I will pass on your thoughts, thanks again.

Custom Search