PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous FK 502 problems dialing out

Custom Search

Buff it out
08-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Encountered no dial out from C450 with 502 fax installed. Customer just installed new system from
AT& T called U_VERSE running digital line sounds like VOIP. Can receive faxes just fine, we get dial tone
but dialer will never break dial tone. Have switched polarity on phone line, did not help. Any fixes for this problem?
Appreciate any and all help. Buff it out

kingarthur
08-03-2011, 03:55 PM
i always thought that you needed an analogue line for faxes, which doesn't explain why you can receive but not send, we normally change the fax lead when that happens

Buff it out
08-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Yes,you are sure right on an anolog type line. This situation gets stranger by the hour.
I put a small Imagestics fax copier next to thjis unit and it works fine. Im beginning to
think that I have not set something correctly or we have a defective board. In looking
at some older post just the smallest option can wreck this thing. Used the install manual
for this option Depending on level of firmware these boards can run on digitial line, but
not a high degree of reliability What did you mean by the other line? Thanks for your reponse
Buff it out

kingarthur
08-03-2011, 08:30 PM
the fax leads that were originally supplied with the fax kit didn't always work...they either allowed you to transmit & not receive or vice versa

Buff it out
08-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Understand now what you are referring to. We do not have those leads since
this copier was moved to different location. Did check that out and actually
reversed the polarity ie= known in the telco industry as tip and ring or red and green.
did not make any difference. But I have seen the time in different central office
gear that you could not dial out, you would hear dial tone and you could not dial.
We do have dial tone but the board will not dial out. Feel like an option is not set correctly
and have go thru a lot of features as in the manual- too much reading between the lines
required by mfg.
Thanks

Mr Spock
08-04-2011, 01:20 AM
Officially only an analog phone line is supported.
Can you dial using the off hook mode and manually sending?
check the market area in the service mode
initialize the fax board about three times.

Buff it out
08-04-2011, 03:55 AM
Have not tried to do the manual mode, will do as you advise
and see if the initialization will correct the problem. It would appear that
if it receives fine which it does we should be able dial out.
Thanks for the help

Buff it out

Buff it out
08-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Initalization of fax 502 did change some things, but did not help the dial out
problem. Not being that familiar with this particular fax, does it operate like other
fax units in that when you are dialing manually do you hear the tone pulses just like
a standard telephone? All I hear is a click maybe, no tone. Understand from a friend
that this unit will not run on a digital line period. But the small imagistics fax is
sending and receiving fine. Whats the deal here?
Buff it out

copytechman
08-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Did you try turning off dial tone detection?

Regards!
A.

delboy10
08-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Hello,

First I would check if the machine and the fax have the latest firmware, and then check if the Dial Tone Detect function is OFF. From my experiences, with VOIP you have to turn Dial tone detection OFF. Also, you have to get into service mode and make these changes:

VoIP is still not supported offically by Konica Minolta, but may work in some instances.Performing these suggested settings may solve the problem. Follow the step-by-step procedures:
From Service Mode:

FAX Settings => Communication => Protocol set "ON" for the "V.29 EP Tone" Protocol and set "OFF" for all other faster protocols.
FAX Settings => Communication => Others we have set "OFF" for the "ECM Function"
FAX Settings => Function Parameter => Address "000e0012 = 01111000 (decimal 78 = 120 sec) for T1 Timer for Calling
FAX Settings => Function Parameter => Address "000e0013 = 01111000 (decimal 78 = 120 sec) for T1 Timer for Called
System 2 => Software Switch => SoftSwitch 21 Bit 5 =1 (HEX 20 = over 4.5 sec) for T4 Waiting time between start Identification
To Turn the Dial tone Detection function OFF is also in the service mode. Fax=>Line2=>Network=>Network Setting 2=>OFF of Dial tone Detection.=>End=>Exit and Hard Reboot.
Delboy

Buff it out
08-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Will try these changes Monday at customer site. It's good to have advice
from one who has the knowledge. Thanks Buff it out

Custom Search