PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica 7115 black line in top of page

Custom Search

groovy
08-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Hi all,
i'm having a strange issue on a konica 7115.
My customer called us asking for a maintenance because copies has a horizontal black line on top of page in the main direction.
So i have changed developer, drum and wiper blade.
After all, the black line is still here.
I can see this black line on the drum, but when i turn it manually the wiper can wipe out it.
For a test purpose, i re-changed the doctor blade: same issue.
So i've changed the entire imaging unit: same issue.
At start the black line was 4 cm huge (2 inches) now is less huge (1cm) but is still here

PS: the ds collar on the side of line are broken...

SmellsHot
08-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Does it do this on internal prints???
If not, then you need to clean the scanner mirrors. A very common issue on this model.

groovy
08-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Thank you for your quick reply.
Now i'm testing the whole copier system, but today morning i've tried to test the printer system only (via the F12 test on the service menu) and the black line was still here.
Note: the line was Huge (2" on the top of the page in main direction at the side of the rear panel) now is 1" HUGE but is still here.
I can see the defect on the drum when i open the right door, but when i turn the drum manually the wiper blade wipes out.

groovy
08-03-2011, 03:47 PM
More Infos:
just tried a test run (F-1 in the tech. rep. menu) withour printing: black top border problem is still here

groovy
08-03-2011, 04:35 PM
This is the result

mrwho
08-03-2011, 07:43 PM
If you take a look at the drum, is there toner on it in the same spot where the line appears? It would appear that the developer unit is eating into the drum, similar to this thread about the 250/350 series (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/9888-bizhub-250-350-eating-drums.html). You'll need to either replace the entire IU or do some maintenance on the IU to replace the drum and the developing unit collars.

Either that or you've got some charging problem.

empiru
08-03-2011, 08:10 PM
I think mrwho is right, you might have some charging problem there... isn't something "blocking" the charge wire?

groovy
08-04-2011, 02:06 PM
At least i've solved.
That machine had more problems...
1. On the developer unit i had to change the back (right) collar wich hold in place the developer roller.
2. On the drum unit there are lots of toner buildup on the charge wire
3. the wiper blade fixing was too far from the drum, so i had to replace the insulating foam on the left and the right side of the db, so it's more near the drum.

Now the copier is reborn: very pretty copies!

So, for better results:
1. througly clean the corona, taking apart the corona grid and spend more time on cleaning the charge wire;
2. take a very closer look to the DV collars and bushings and change the worn-out collar

Custom Search