PDA

View Full Version : CQ Bizhub C220 Poor colour matching when printing

Custom Search

chrissieboy2001
08-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Hi Guys,

Having a few colour matching issue in a Mac environment printing mainly from Adobe CS 3 applications.

Machine is 2 weeks old, no Fiery just the standard print controller (I know it should really have a X3 controller ! )

I have tried simulation profiles and other driver setting ,changing the colour management options with the application etc.

We have also tried reset & restabilise , full gradation adjust etc. (may go down the route of adjusting Dmax but not yet)

The question is ,does anyone know where you can (if they exist) get an ICC or equivalent colour profile I can try for more accurate colours.

Any help or advise would be appreciated

Thanks

Chris Forrest

AjitN
08-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Hi Guys,

Having a few colour matching issue in a Mac environment printing mainly from Adobe CS 3 applications.

Machine is 2 weeks old, no Fiery just the standard print controller (I know it should really have a X3 controller ! )

I have tried simulation profiles and other driver setting ,changing the colour management options with the application etc.

We have also tried reset & restabilise , full gradation adjust etc. (may go down the route of adjusting Dmax but not yet)

The question is ,does anyone know where you can (if they exist) get an ICC or equivalent colour profile I can try for more accurate colours.

Any help or advise would be appreciated

Thanks

Chris Forrest

Hi
You mentiomed accurete color matching, right? The most importany question is how close to accurate?
You have admited it should be with external controller, so if it is matching 85 to 92 % of expected color I thing it is matching closely as per money invested.
You may tru to adjust Bacjground voltage in service mode as per customer need.
Possibilly you can not match the output with high end equipments like Xerox 5000 / 7000 / 8000 OR KM Bizhub 7000 / 8000 etc.
Its only you may need to make the customer understand.

Best Luck
Ajit

Ianizer
08-04-2011, 05:55 AM
I'd have to agree. C220 is Business Color, especially with the standard Emperon Ctlr -- as in, Oh-Look-It's-In-Color-Too! Isn't life grand? Let's print some pie graphs!

I don't have a problem adjusting color in tech mode, but it tends to adjust Customer Expectations out of spec... Service the machine well and perform Grad. Adj. per documentation... Keep your optics clean and use high quality paper stock... And put a bug in your sales reps ear to upsell a Fiery, with an ED100 package -- Please!

A good tool for this scenario is to locate a pretty good Pantone chart that you can print from the device, maybe even give the customer a copy; a PDF perhaps.
What this does is to give the customer a tool for comparing their Pantone chip chart (and believe me, they do) against actual output of that Pantone as interpreted by their device. They then have the option to choose another Pantone to more closely match the desired percieved color in the output.

(Try Google pantone coated color reference pdf.)

-I

Custom Search