PDA

View Full Version : Error Code SMB scanning to AppleMac OS 10.7

Custom Search

ITMOSTLY
08-03-2011, 08:04 PM
I have a customer that recently upgraded their Mac to 10.7 (Lion) and now their SMB scanning that worked with 10.6 does not work. I have checked the all settings and turned off her firewall and still receive error code EB09C6, on her Konica Minolta bizhub 222, which is pretty much just a catch all for not connecting. Comments from anybody would be much appreciated!

delboy10
08-03-2011, 10:17 PM
May be related or may be not...? but there are some issues with the last update osx 10.6.8 Mac OS X 10.6.8 Supplemental Update (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1429). I would double check the user name and pw in the machine address book to see if they are match (Machine and mac), also check the destination folder.

chrissieboy2001
08-08-2011, 09:33 AM
[QUOTE=ITMOSTLY;237243]I have a customer that recently upgraded their Mac to 10.7 (Lion) and now their SMB scanning that worked with 10.6 does not work. I have checked the all settings and turned off her firewall and still receive error code EB09C6, on her Konica Minolta bizhub 222, which is pretty much just a catch all for not connecting. Comments from anybody would be much appreciated![/QUOTE

Yep same here , Apple now use their own SAMBA smb client which is different from the one shipped with Snow Leopard.

If i try to connect to the Lion Mac from a SL Mac using smb it fails with a user name / password issue even though i know its correct.

Sorry no solution yet (maybe 10.7.1 update ?) but it's not the copier at fault ,

Regards

Chris Forrest

ITMOSTLY
08-08-2011, 02:51 PM
[QUOTE=ITMOSTLY;237243]I have a customer that recently upgraded their Mac to 10.7 (Lion) and now their SMB scanning that worked with 10.6 does not work. I have checked the all settings and turned off her firewall and still receive error code EB09C6, on her Konica Minolta bizhub 222, which is pretty much just a catch all for not connecting. Comments from anybody would be much appreciated![/QUOTE

Yep same here , Apple now use their own SAMBA smb client which is different from the one shipped with Snow Leopard.

If i try to connect to the Lion Mac from a SL Mac using smb it fails with a user name / password issue even though i know its correct.

Sorry no solution yet (maybe 10.7.1 update ?) but it's not the copier at fault ,

Regards

Chris Forrest
Thanks much for your response.

JSC
08-09-2011, 04:57 PM
From KM UK

SMB
Apple has changed from Samba to their own SMBX.
SMBX supported SMB 1.0 , SMB 2.0 and assume Unicode
SMB Scan from Konica Minolta MFP‘s does not longer work

Workaround
1.) SMB
Please use Scan to FTP
2.) FTP
activate FTP Server via Terminal

dellis
12-17-2011, 03:58 AM
Try upgrading to special firmware to solve smb scanning problem. Konica Minolta has released special firmware for most models to address this issue.

medallo
12-18-2011, 07:14 PM
Try upgrading to special firmware to solve smb scanning problem. Konica Minolta has released special firmware for most models to address this issue.

I have it via ftp? no firmware update.:)

habik
12-19-2011, 11:53 AM
Can someone cofirm whether this is the way enable FTP on Lion. As I don't have mac myself and would like to know if it works.

Thanks.

1. Open a terminal window.

2. Type in the following command:
sudo -s launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ftp.plist
3. To turn it off, type in the following command:
sudo -s launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ftp.plist

habik
12-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Can someone cofirm whether this is the way enable FTP on Lion. As I don't have mac myself and would like to know if it works.

Thanks.

1. Open a terminal window.

2. Type in the following command:
sudo -s launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ftp.plist
3. To turn it off, type in the following command:
sudo -s launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ftp.plist

Also Has what do you think of this? Seems like a handy tool. Clever 16-years old from Norway

Fredrik Wiker - Developer Website (http://ifredrik.com/applications/)

TheOwl
12-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Can't remember exactly if this machine does or not, but most newer Konica Minolta machines support WebDAV which is built in to 10.7.

SMB is busted, FTP isn't included... What else is this Lion hiding from us?

medallo
12-20-2011, 03:03 AM
Also Has what do you think of this? Seems like a handy tool. Clever 16-years old from Norway

Fredrik Wiker - Developer Website (http://ifredrik.com/applications/)

if it works: On.
sudo-s-w launchctl load / System / Library / LaunchDaemons / ftp.plist

off:sudo -s launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ftp.plist

Fredrik Wiker - Developer Website (http://ifredrik.com/applications/):No need to install anything.

Custom Search