PDA

View Full Version : KMBH C432 Solid Colors Quality

Custom Search

kizi57
08-04-2011, 02:08 AM
HI ALL,

I'm in East Africa, Tanzania, not a tech guy, i'm KMHB C452 Owner, here there is lack of KMBH Technicians who can fix the MFP to get best quality as it was new one. So i have to use this forum to help myself and to learn how to fix my KMBH C452.
KMBH is gives me this quality poor, see sample printout below (sample copy.jpg) and see sample artwork below of the sample printout (artwork.jpg) while by this time i have change, transfer belt, and color IU's CMY, black IU not yet chaged, i'm still waiting for my technician to come and change that.

One of technicians told me to try replace 2nd transfer roller assembly might work out. Still not sure if it will give me best quality as it was new.. My KMBH has 260'000 impressions. We mostly print 300 gsm matt papers.

I have also attached halftone samples (see halftone-solid.pdf)

Please help.

rangertech
08-04-2011, 04:38 AM
can you print test mode ane by one color magenta, cyan, yellow, black, for make sure the problem in one color or all color.

Logan8
08-04-2011, 04:50 AM
First, do a gradation adjust from the tech mode. Do you know how to do that?
You should be able to tell which color is not producing well from the alignment.

Second, as the other tech suggested, do a CMYK print in the gradation mode in TEST MODE from the Tech Mode area. This will pinpoint the exact IU to replace.

If the problem occurs across the entire spectrum, pull the transfer belt out and check for lint in the back where the cleaning blade is. Clean it.

Make sure the copier is clean by taking out all of the IUs and the Image Belt and dust it off. Clean the Laser windows or the LED arrays.

If cleaning and testing and adjusting don't fix it, you'll have to replace the belt.

That will do it.

kizi57
08-04-2011, 05:04 AM
Hi Rangertech!Thank you for quick reply!You can find test prints on attached pdf document!
can you print test mode ane by one color magenta, cyan, yellow, black, for make sure the problem in one color or all color.

Ianizer
08-04-2011, 05:06 AM
First Question

What paper setting are you using, from which tray?

-I

kizi57
08-04-2011, 05:13 AM
For this one, the paper was 300 gsm matt, and used thick4, bypass tray!When the unit was brand new, the quaality was excellent!Next question please!
First QuestionWhat paper setting are you using, from which tray?-I

Ianizer
08-04-2011, 06:07 AM
Very good.

Next Question

Have you adjusted Thick Paper Density?

(It also seems as if your laser glasses could use a good swipe with the cleaning rod.)

-I

kizi57
08-04-2011, 09:16 AM
Thank you for cooperation, I have not adjusted thick paper density, actually i dont know how to do that, maybe i should open my service manual so as i can learn how to do that?

i have attach some test prints (see pdf attached) from old and new IU's, check if might help. Page 1 and 2 of new IU and Page 3&4 of old IU.

Very good.Next QuestionHave you adjusted Thick Paper Density?(It also seems as if your laser glasses could use a good swipe with the cleaning rod.)-I

kizi57
08-04-2011, 09:19 AM
other colors are OK please find attached PDF of testprint for CYAN. I had old IU looks better than new one. (page 1&2 of new IU the rest of old IU)

kizi57
08-04-2011, 09:28 AM
i have found CYAN to be the one which has problem, see attached PDF (page one and two is of new IU, 3 &4 of old IU).

i have replaced all EU's and Tranfer Belt on 15th July, all EU's, exept Black.

First, do a gradation adjust from the tech mode. Do you know how to do that?
You should be able to tell which color is not producing well from the alignment.

Second, as the other tech suggested, do a CMYK print in the gradation mode in TEST MODE from the Tech Mode area. This will pinpoint the exact IU to replace.

If the problem occurs across the entire spectrum, pull the transfer belt out and check for lint in the back where the cleaning blade is. Clean it.

Make sure the copier is clean by taking out all of the IUs and the Image Belt and dust it off. Clean the Laser windows or the LED arrays.

If cleaning and testing and adjusting don't fix it, you'll have to replace the belt.

That will do it.

Ianizer
08-04-2011, 03:50 PM
Crunching the problem... What are image counts please... If single-click Tabloid, what percentage large paper is run? -I

kizi57
08-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Thank you for this support you're giving me, i appreciate.

Image counts means no of copies printed? it is around 262,000 copies...

i mostly print A3 size, where i cut my papers in 12 in x18 in size, A3's should be 75%+

there's a friend suggested it might be fuser unit

Ianizer
08-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Thank you for this support you're giving me, i appreciate.Image counts means no of copies printed? it is around 262,000 copies... i mostly print A3 size, where i cut my papers in 12 in x18 in size, A3's should be 75%+there's a friend suggested it might be fuser unit Well, I'm going to say something at this point that you will not enjoy, but stay with me... When we say your machine can run 300gsm stock, that assumes a reasonably small percentage of that stock... You have said it is "mostly"... And IF you are set for single-click A3, add half again to that page count, if not double it...In no way am I implying that your machine is "worn out", but you are running it under extreme circumstances. Expect accelerated wear. That said, I still believe a Thick Density adjust will aid with your issue... You may very well be looking at consumables, such as trans belt & roller, fuser, etc.-I

kizi57
08-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Wow!

That means i should work on setting thick paper density? How does this work then?

Yesterday i saw steps on how to set that, from my service manual book!

Thank you for this advice! Will try this tomorrow early in the morning..!

kizi57
08-05-2011, 12:44 AM
Can you also re write this on simple language, because i am not that good in english, but i'm trying my level best...

Especially this part "And IF you are set for single-click A3, add half again to that page count, if not double it...In no way am I implying that your machine is "worn out", but you are running it under extreme circumstances. Expect accelerated wear. That said, I still believe a Thick Density adjust will aid with your issue..."

Thanks...
\
Well, I'm going to say something at this point that you will not enjoy, but stay with me... When we say your machine can run 300gsm stock, that assumes a reasonably small percentage of that stock... You have said it is "mostly"... And IF you are set for single-click A3, add half again to that page count, if not double it...In no way am I implying that your machine is "worn out", but you are running it under extreme circumstances. Expect accelerated wear. That said, I still believe a Thick Density adjust will aid with your issue... You may very well be looking at consumables, such as trans belt & roller, fuser, etc.-I

Ianizer
08-05-2011, 03:39 AM
I just lost my entire post, so I'm going to just pour a long whiskey and get back to you shortly, m'kay?

...:mad:

-I

kizi57
08-05-2011, 04:04 AM
Hahah!It's ok with me, enjoy!!
I just lost my entire post, so I'm going to just pour a long whiskey and get back to you shortly, m'kay?...:mad:-I

Ianizer
08-07-2011, 11:27 PM
Where were we?...

I would like to impress this:
KMBHC432 is "Business Color".
One thing this means is that, aside from possibly marginal color matching that may not satisfy all customers, the unit is intended for some color output and some heavy stock throughput material.
With the mostly 300gsm (your words, Kizi -- and, I assume, Mostly Color) duty, you may expect significantly accelerated wear.
As such, it is quite possible we are looking at worn consumables; namely Transfer Belt & Transfer Roller -- maybe even fuser or IUs.

That said-

You remind me of an acquaintance, a young business man, operating a C353 as a one-machine print shop.
As you have, what I presume is, a Field Service Manual, and appear to be largely on your own, I will treat you something like a rookie tech -- Fair enough?

I recommend you first thoroughly clean each laser shield glass.
Depending on model, you should find a "Magic Wand" in the compartment in Tray 1 or 2.
Study your manual to learn how to clean the glass with that rod.
A new Cleaning Rod should be supplied with each new Waste Toner Container. (In the mean time, you may clean the pad with a vacuum, if desired.)

Secondly, and before we try to make any adjustments, learn to enter Service Rep Mode.
Find the List Print area and print a Management List.
In fact, print all lists that you are able.
(For the sake of time, let me inform you that this will require A4-Plain Paper to be loaded in either Tray1 or the Bypass.)
Save these lists.

Complete these tasks and please report results with attached sample copies, and we will procede.

Let me know if there is anything you do not understand.

-I

kizi57
08-09-2011, 06:01 AM
Wow

Thank you for the reply, i think this advice will help me alot.

Rgds

Kizi

Where were we?...

I would like to impress this:
KMBHC432 is "Business Color".
One thing this means is that, aside from possibly marginal color matching that may not satisfy all customers, the unit is intended for some color output and some heavy stock throughput material.
With the mostly 300gsm (your words, Kizi -- and, I assume, Mostly Color) duty, you may expect significantly accelerated wear.
As such, it is quite possible we are looking at worn consumables; namely Transfer Belt & Transfer Roller -- maybe even fuser or IUs.

That said-

You remind me of an acquaintance, a young business man, operating a C353 as a one-machine print shop.
As you have, what I presume is, a Field Service Manual, and appear to be largely on your own, I will treat you something like a rookie tech -- Fair enough?

I recommend you first thoroughly clean each laser shield glass.
Depending on model, you should find a "Magic Wand" in the compartment in Tray 1 or 2.
Study your manual to learn how to clean the glass with that rod.
A new Cleaning Rod should be supplied with each new Waste Toner Container. (In the mean time, you may clean the pad with a vacuum, if desired.)

Secondly, and before we try to make any adjustments, learn to enter Service Rep Mode.
Find the List Print area and print a Management List.
In fact, print all lists that you are able.
(For the sake of time, let me inform you that this will require A4-Plain Paper to be loaded in either Tray1 or the Bypass.)
Save these lists.

Complete these tasks and please report results with attached sample copies, and we will procede.

Let me know if there is anything you do not understand.

-I

Spidula
08-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Sorry if Im not understanding this post fully, but are you having problems with all solid colours or mainly the red type example you posted at the start of the thread, and is it a C452 (four FIVE two)?

I have had a problem with a C452 with that type of red and it cant actually be fixed as its the design of the transfer belt. The pressure rollers bow and give less pressure at the front and rear of the drums.

I have info on voltage settings which may help if Im on course with what your problem is???

Spidula

kizi57
08-21-2011, 01:59 PM
I have problem with solid color, especially one side (see attached pdf docs and jpeg) Yeah it is c452 and not 432 as stated on the post tittle!I'm planning to buy fusing unit, after that will let you know the progress!
Sorry if Im not understanding this post fully, but are you having problems with all solid colours or mainly the red type example you posted at the start of the thread, and is it a C452 (four FIVE two)?I have had a problem with a C452 with that type of red and it cant actually be fixed as its the design of the transfer belt. The pressure rollers bow and give less pressure at the front and rear of the drums. I have info on voltage settings which may help if Im on course with what your problem is???Spidula

Custom Search