PDA

View Full Version : Canon 4050 Density Problem

Custom Search

brslaser
03-08-2005, 02:37 PM
I have a customer that has a Canon 4050 copier it was printing light So did all the things I could think of to do and it did inprove a bit. But had to change Drum to help the most.
But even with that it is still not as dark as it could be. Trid everything in the Intrava Book. But notting helps so far.

Anyone with some help here

Thank You
Gary

hood4472
03-16-2005, 07:42 PM
First, Be sure to post exactly what you have tried to make it easier not to repeat the same suggestions. I would check to make sure your corona wires are correct and strung well and clean. I also would check the contacts on the developer unit to make sure it was making good contact. Also you could have bad toner if you are using a generic. I use some generics and most of the time they work but not always so you might check that. I would also adjust the DV Bias in service mode and see if that helps. That would be my first suggestion depending on what you have already done. Good luck

Robin

Doug
03-22-2005, 02:31 PM
Sometomes the dv roller gets polished and needs cleaned up. We use a scrubby pad on a dry roller. Then reassemble, makes a good difference. Or you could just replace the roller. Just a thought.

raym
04-01-2005, 08:11 PM
another thought...i don\'t know what copiers you are most used to working on, but the mono component canons are not going to put out the nice solid blacks like the dual developer/toner m/c\'s.

ace
08-05-2005, 06:43 PM
did you do a basic call, clean mirrors change coronas?

ace
08-05-2005, 09:06 PM
slc utah i have worked on canon machines for 7 years i also work on sharp,konica,imagistics,kyocera mita,toshiba,panasonic. one of the perks of working for a school district you get a bunch of diffrent beasts. (old and new)

vanana
01-21-2007, 05:41 AM
dismentle & polish dv cylinder,clean up dv bearings,place pre-transfer ass'y in m/c,check primary grid wire contact &tension,adjust grid from service mode from 39 to 42. good luck:o

Herrmann
01-29-2007, 08:12 PM
This is a common Problem, happens often to one component Toner Canon systems.

Just vac the dev Unit out, clean the Dev Roller and Blade with Alcohol. reassemble and fill up with fresh Toner.

Greetings from Germany

Herrmann

Custom Search