PDA

View Full Version : Failing Touch Screens on several copier brands.

Custom Search

Hansoon
08-08-2011, 05:43 AM
Failing Touch Screens on several copier brands.

Several copiers are suffering from failing touch screens. They become unsresponsive.

I have developed a method to repair those screens with guaranteed lasting results and planning to set up a repair service here in Europe as well as the US perhaps.

I know that many large brands are having these problems.
Kindly give me some information which brands and machine types are affected.

Thanks in advance.

Hans

jonezy999
08-08-2011, 05:53 AM
How can you already have developed a method of repairing unresponsive touch screens if you need to ask which models of machine are having that issue?
And besides, the brand that comes to mind for the most failed screens already provides a new screen as retrofit parts free of charge. That and the screens cost about one dollar to make if ya ever had to bite the bullet and buy one.

Hansoon
08-08-2011, 06:24 AM
How can you already have developed a method of repairing unresponsive touch screens if you need to ask which models of machine are having that issue?

Cause all touch screens are failing for exactly the same reason.

Hans

jonezy999
08-08-2011, 06:26 AM
Cause all touch screens are failing for exactly the same reason.

Hans

The real question is can you repair the screen for less than the one dollar I get charged (if at all) to buy one??

Hansoon
08-08-2011, 06:33 AM
There are several Indys and other people not having direct access to free of charge exchange programs of the manufacturers....

regards

Hans

azehnali
08-08-2011, 07:03 AM
so what's the fix??

azehnali
08-09-2011, 05:23 AM
are you going to tell us about the method or keep it a secret ??

jonezy999
08-09-2011, 05:34 AM
are you going to tell us about the method or keep it a secret ??

Gold diggers secret mate.

But I'll tell you my method. Ready. Here goes.
Step 1. Order replacement screen.
Step 2. Fit screen to copier.

azehnali
08-09-2011, 05:36 AM
!!!!

boanda
08-09-2011, 01:05 PM

Several copiers are suffering from failing touch screens. They become unsresponsive.

I have developed a method to repair those screens with guaranteed lasting results and planning to set up a repair service here in Europe as well as the US perhaps.

Thanks in advance.

Hans

GOOD JOB!
U got an idea first to offer to dummies repairing of touch screen. U need at most 30min to repair it correct?

U cant offer less then 1 dollar, but a lot of technicians cant just order and replace it free of charge! if the machine is not NEW none of reasonable technician will not replace touch screen for free!

Hansoon
08-09-2011, 02:24 PM
Takes indeed about 30 minutes all inclusive such as preparations and testing. It needs also special chemicals and application devices.

Hans

patterson70
08-10-2011, 05:07 AM
I am an independent tech and would like to buy a couple at a good price.

boanda
08-10-2011, 07:47 AM
U know, u can fix all touch screens, not for the copiers only, its the same reason on all for stop responding

Hansoon
08-10-2011, 09:56 AM
U know, u can fix all touch screens, not for the copiers only,

Such as?

Hans

boanda
08-10-2011, 01:39 PM
as I-pad,pod, mobiles... everything! All touchs has same problem

Hansoon
08-10-2011, 02:01 PM
No, mobile phones and I-Pads are very different. My method will not work on these.

Hans

907tec
08-10-2011, 07:36 PM
I don't know what these other guys are smoking...I'm happy to see somebody repairing these things. Touch screens for a dollar? Not from any of my suppliers. Thankfully, I haven't been plagued by unresponsive screens, but I will definitely contact Hans if I get one. Hans is a class act and one hell of a technician. His research into the KM Bizhub developer collars was extraordinary and resulted in the manufacture of a brilliant modification: so brilliant that Konica Minolta copied his idea shortly thereafter. Don't dis Hansoon.

loverkoko
08-12-2011, 03:52 AM
i wnat to know how to fix touch screen at model ricoh 3045

ddude
08-12-2011, 04:00 AM
His research into the KM Bizhub developer collars was extraordinary and resulted in the manufacture of a brilliant modification: so brilliant that Konica Minolta copied his idea shortly thereafter. Don't dis Hansoon.

This I very much agree with; Hans has fabricated a Konica mod that saves the dealer much money and stress, I would have confidence in any repair he can create.

Lagonda
08-12-2011, 04:59 AM
Takes indeed about 30 minutes all inclusive such as preparations and testing. It needs also special chemicals and application devices.

Hans

If it was that easy why didn't Ricoh want the mountain of duff screens back to repair? The could have saved themselves a fortune recycling old ones rather than manufacuring new ones.
If only they had used a silicone adhesive that didnt absorb moisture they wouldn't have had a problem to start with.

Hansoon
08-12-2011, 06:20 AM
If it was that easy why didn't Ricoh want the mountain of duff screens back to repair?

It IS that "easy" if you have the proper materials and procedure.

Hans

jonezy999
08-18-2011, 07:45 AM

Thanks in advance.

Hans

The original question.

Ricoh's first series of colour touch screens all had the same issue with absorbing moisture. These are really the only unresponsive screens I have came across. Like I said in my first post here, Ricoh were all over this, supplying free of charge screens.
Other than that, I have seen one Toshiba e-2820c, which was repairable and a Canon ir3235, which is unrelated to the screen completely.

jonezy999
08-18-2011, 07:48 AM
L (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/rants-raves-everything-else/45423-what-do-dead-ricoh-touchscreens.html)ooks like Lagonda may have a few ready for you to put back out into the field here.

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/rants-raves-everything-else/45423-what-do-dead-ricoh-touchscreens.html

Hansoon
01-08-2012, 08:22 PM
On request:

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9137/touchpanelc350operators.jpg

Hans

copiman
01-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Each copier manufacture contracts to a third party company to manufacture the displays and other parts of the copiers. The ones that Ricoh had a problem with were also used in the Panasonics. Its the exact same display. Although it is true that Ricoh and Panasonic do replace them for free, for how long will this last? Don't know. Hansoon, good luck in your quest. I wish all the success with it.

Mooseface2r
01-09-2012, 02:19 PM
We get the problem on the Old Konica C250

Custom Search