PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Not Installed toner on Konicaminolta Magicolor MFC 1690

Custom Search

perdana
08-09-2011, 03:54 AM
I Have problem on Konicaminolta MFC 1690, They have code Not Installed Toner Check YMCK Toner. Please help me.

JustManuals
08-09-2011, 05:18 AM
This Parts & Service manual can be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

1FRY1
08-09-2011, 12:52 PM
I Believe that machine is a four colour on a rotating cylinder

The chip on each colour unit brushes past the the 3 pin connector as it rotates

The chip is quite visible on the toner cartridge

The chip is not contacting the connector Either because the connector is worn or bent or you are using aftermarket cartridges and the chip on the cartridge is faulty or badly placed

You should hear the cylinder turning trying to make the machine contact the chip

Hope that makes sense

EDIT If it's not reading any of the chips the 3 prong connector is damaged I have had to replace one before a few years ago though

ukyo
08-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Yep that machine has a 4 color on a rotating cylinder. Each toner cartridge has its own chip. Faulty chips occur very rare in some cases. Just clean/wipe the chip with a cloth damped with alcohol.
If the 3 pin connectors are okay or not bent, clean it with a cloth or use a blower to get rid of the toners that fall on the pin connectors from the 4 toners as they rotate. That's the problem with 4 toners on a rotating cylinder..

Toxic
08-10-2011, 08:38 AM
Just to confirm this printer have problem with 3 pin connector under rotating cylinder.
I have several cases where this was a problem and on few different printers what used same principle of reading toner cartridge ,example bizhub c10,magicolor 2490,...
Its little tricky to pull out and put back this 3pin connector but if you remove all toners and drum and have small fingers you manage to do that without any special problems. :)

vtechplace
08-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Make sure the chips in position like the picture below

http://www.vtechplace.com/ebayscan/1600w chip.jpg

Custom Search