PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 423 general service questions

Custom Search

brent
08-09-2011, 07:17 AM
first off I am a technician and I do have the manuals on this model bizhub 423. today was the first time I needed to do a drum unit and developer in one. the service manual goes step by step. but it made it sound like you needed to replace the drum unit. then run the gradation. then the machine said replace developer. so you had to fist run a drum dry then reset. replace developer. reassemble then run a function. could these steps be done all at the same time.. ie just like the biz 350 drum and developer at the same time. then the functions? I guess I wasn't that happy at the yield of this machine. the predecessor biz 421 drums went 250k.. oh well thanks for any thoughts

brent

mo0651
08-09-2011, 02:31 PM
First off the drum unit is more from the Bizhub 250, 350, 362 line. Not the 421. NEVER EVER run a drum on a dry roller. How long have you been SERVICING Bizhubs?

CraigW
08-09-2011, 05:13 PM
That adjustment list is quite confusing on these newest models. Like for "replace developer" (1) is drum dry and (2) is counter reset. The "replace drum" and "replace developer" columns are different...yet you always do drum and developer together. Was always told to follow adjustment list to the letter, but this is weird. So used to resetting counters installing parts and doing F8. Appears as if TCR level adj will be the new term.

brent
08-09-2011, 07:07 PM
I never said I ran a drum dry on a 421 . can you read? and have you read the service manual on a bizhub 423? also I know that the 423 bizhubs have a drum unit like the 350 series. thanks for you stupid comments. which does nothing for me. mr. mo 0651

scottybbb
08-09-2011, 10:56 PM
I replaced drum and developer together ran TCR adjust then gradation adjust.Just like Biz 350 & 250 just worded different.

brent
08-09-2011, 11:32 PM
ya that makes sence to do them both. (like on a bizhub 350) then run the 2 functions. the service manual didnt give you any lee way on how to do it. that is why I posted this question. so us service guys could figure it out. I have several in the field and just got the opportunity to do one yesterday. as far as that goes. that was a good suggestion. as far as the drum dry. it certainly did say to do this prior to replacing the developer. as far as the yield on these machines. we replaced a bunch of 421s with 423s and as far as I know. the yield on the drum and developer was 250 opposed to the yield on the 423 is 120k. that is why I was talking about that scenario. sorry if I confused anybody

brent

CraigW
08-10-2011, 12:21 AM
Is everyone still using the previous method to dump old developer on these models ?? (top cover off and tank wide open)

Trying to get it all out via that little square opening seems crazy to me, like it will do more harm than good using this method.

brent
08-10-2011, 05:11 AM
I believe the reason is those ds position collars. they hav those 2 plastic mylar sheets that you are supposed to put onto the unit to positively keep all developer out of that area. but really if you dump the developer. and then as I do. take the atdc sensor out and vacuum. you always can get a little developer in that area. so I dn't know. the manual does not even talk about dumping it and vacuming that out. but I just have always have done that.

fixthecopier
08-10-2011, 11:53 AM
We buy reinforced collars with a metal center and change them when we change the drum. We go ahead and change them on new boxes before we put them in machines.

CraigW
08-10-2011, 12:43 PM
We buy reinforced collars with a metal center and change them when we change the drum. We go ahead and change them on new boxes before we put them in machines.

The latest of these models 423/363/283/223 has the new style collars with the bearings already in place.

CraigW
08-11-2011, 02:11 PM
This is what I came up with for normal drum and developer PM.

(1) Drum Dry (with old drum and developer still in place)
(2) Counter Reset (developer use time,drum rotation time,maintenance & applicable) I will still chk if reset
(3) Empty Developer
(4) Replace Developer
(5) Attach New Drum
(6) TCR Sensor Adjustment
(7) Gradation Adjustment

Different, yet similar to 200/250/350

mo0651
08-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Dont forget to plug in the sensor wire when you insert the drum unit back in the machine! Our techs are having a problem with that.

CompyTech
08-12-2011, 12:23 AM
On the older ones 250/350 you can turn off the PM messages. Softswitch 418. Hex 58 turn to hex 50. It turns off the bits for the message to display and to stop. I replaced a Drum and Dev once that was nearly 200% over. WOW! Only reason was there was a nick on the drum. The message pops up about 80k I think. The 362 series are the same. This new breed 423 series is like a part blend of the old with the new color boxes. I don't know if they will replace the 501 series, but I like these better.

Custom Search