PDA

View Full Version : C500 Tray1 Not Lifting and ADU jam

Custom Search

dagoof
08-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Was hoping someone could help, I've just started getting to grips with our c500 and experienced a couple of problems within the first day (oh dear! ;)). I'd run about 500 copies from tray 1, went to load in more paper and there was some sort of jam error with the tray (sorry, hadn't noted the code) - it said to clear it, hit auto-reset then do a re-start. I did this but now the tray's not lifting and not registering any paper in the tray (greyed out on screen). FWIW I also had some spare sheets sitting to the left of the main stack.

I was also experimenting with some heavier stock through the by-pass, ran 2 sheets no problem. Having finished up I closed the bypass tray (didn't seem to close as freely though) and I then noticed that lever A in the main body is refusing to budge (don't want to force it).

Could anyone help with these?

dagoof
08-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Managed to sort the ADU by running more paper through the by-pass - think the bypass tray hadn't lifted/dropped correctly. Tray1 issue remains though....

ineo+6501
08-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Managed to sort the ADU by running more paper through the by-pass - think the bypass tray hadn't lifted/dropped correctly. Tray1 issue remains though....

Sounds like there is some paper behind the tray in the workings. Get on your hands and knees with a torch and look into the gap behind tray 1 (with tray 1 fully open.

dagoof
08-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Thanks Ineo - had already done so and can't see anything in there (there were also no torn sheets removed).

RRodgers
08-10-2011, 03:37 PM
As stated above, sounds like there is some paper behind the tray. Or even check to see if there is paper in the connector, both male and female. I've had to dig out scraps before in the connector.

dagoof
08-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Thanks RRodgers - connectors are definitely clear though.

EDIT: And back on the ADU issue, this keeps coming back - I think transporting the machine has caused an issue. The process unit was very hard to unlock and has to rely on the guide pins to lift it a little when being re-inserted. This must be tied with the ADU because I can see the adu shift when the process unit is going in and out.

Ianizer
08-11-2011, 01:19 AM
Clearly, Tray1 has been isolated, Dagoof.

Check 25-mode dipswitch 18.
You'll want to set to a 0 and recycle power to make the tray available.

Beyond that, I'm not sure why it faulted.

Let's reset it and try again, shall we?

-I

dagoof
08-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Ianizer - thanks, the dipswitch reset has sorted it, so I'm guessing a jam must have tripped it. Either way, very grateful for the help :)

Custom Search