PDA

View Full Version : KM MC7450 fusing problem

Custom Search

tonernerd
08-10-2011, 04:44 PM
A customer has a fusing problem on a brand new mc7450 when printing on 160grm (uncoated) paper. On the left hand side it looks like the fusing temperature is lower then the rest of the page, thus toner comes of the paper. We've tried all possible different paper settings on the machine but there is no noticable difference between them. Printing on 80 and 120grm paper goes without any problem at all. Anybody any idea? KM support hasn't!

alejandro
08-24-2011, 03:33 AM
Im having the same problem with this printer i just bought used. Did u fix this problem? thanks

alejandro
08-24-2011, 05:36 AM
I actually noticed that on the left side of the FUSER, the red roller looks wrinkle. The left side lloks like it have some marks on it and thats where thats where the paper comes ont with toner over it and the color looks like its not sticking to the page. HELP please.

Is there any way to replace just the RED ROLLER and not the entire unit?

thanks

ATKINSONAZ
08-24-2011, 07:34 AM
A customer has a fusing problem on a brand new mc7450 when printing on 160grm (uncoated) paper. On the left hand side it looks like the fusing temperature is lower then the rest of the page, thus toner comes of the paper. We've tried all possible different paper settings on the machine but there is no noticable difference between them. Printing on 80 and 120grm paper goes without any problem at all. Anybody any idea? KM support hasn't!I question the "brand new" part of the statement. Wrinkles in the red roller is a sign of age in most cases. "Wrinkles in the red roller" may be accompanied by sagging lamps, un-symmetrical UFRs, insull-objects or padding, etc.

ATKINSONAZ
08-24-2011, 07:38 AM
I question the "brand new" part of the statement. Wrinkles in the red roller is a sign of age in most cases. "Wrinkles in the red roller" may be accompanied by sagging lamps, un-symmetrical UFRs, insull-objects or padding, etc. Replace the rollers..... (How many grams is 20lb.?)

alejandro
08-24-2011, 04:06 PM
Thanks for replying to the post. Could you tell me where to buy just the red rollers? I have taken apart before a unit like this to replace the lamp on a bizhup c252, but I could not get just the lamp.

I google the entire nite where to buy jus the roller for this MC7450...Any advice?

thanks

polyprint
08-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Thanks for replying to the post. Could you tell me where to buy just the red rollers? I have taken apart before a unit like this to replace the lamp on a bizhup c252, but I could not get just the lamp.

I google the entire nite where to buy jus the roller for this MC7450...Any advice?

thanks
MINOLTA Bizhub C250 Upper Fuser Roller products, buy MINOLTA Bizhub C250 Upper Fuser Roller products from alibaba.com (http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/275663025/MINOLTA_Bizhub_C250_Upper_Fuser_Roller.html)

jw@desertwest.com
10-06-2011, 12:23 AM
the fuser is not heating properly across the full width. a key to the issue is the fact that the 'red roller' (silicone) is wrinkled - that indicates the fuser was damaged at some point. the 7450 has lamp elements to heat the fuser and it is possible the lamps are malfunctioning and/or were improperly installed. although it is possible to rebuild the fuser, it is not recommended to do so in the field. alignment is very difficult. recommend replacing the fuser and if the problem persists, it may be necessary to replace the main controller and/or the power supply. to reach konica minolta tech support, call (800)682-2454 and ask for Dwight Spivey, James Kenny or Jimmy Moore. They are the absolute experts on all Konica Minolta printer products!!!!

Custom Search