PDA

View Full Version : DI 470 separator jam

Custom Search

dhg
08-11-2011, 04:03 AM
DUmb question but been a few years...
It registers separator jams, is separator refering to corona separation or fuser separator.

any incite before i dig further ?? ive cleaned entire exit side and fuser as it appears there but if this is transfer sep location i'm digging in the wrong area
thanks d

JustManuals
08-11-2011, 07:08 AM
This Parts & Service manual can be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Darren King
08-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Seperation jam refers to anywhere from drum to fuser exit. Check drum drive, fuser entrance guide for toner buildup and upper fuser scrapers. (they break and cause jams, mailny when duplexing)
Hope this helps.
Darren

dhg
08-12-2011, 05:15 AM
basically it just stops no accordion or drum wrap.
after cleaning i suspected that switch above fuser on frame , thats why i wanted to know where separator jam is, because its always there in the jam counters but doesnt happen often enough to see anything...
????

Hansoon
08-12-2011, 06:02 AM
Likely not only the exit switch but it could also be that the fuser unit slows down. 1st reason could be that the bearings from the lower fuser roller are binding and/or 2nd that the large torsion spring (Pos. 23 page 15 parts manual) comes between both hubs thereby forcing them outwards causing too much friction. Readjust hubs tight together and clean torsion spring.

Hans

dhg
08-22-2011, 03:57 AM
OK so
sep jam is under drum from everyone's feed back so i changed t/s wires, cleaned timing roller and puffed out sensors. fuser is in good shape.
the paper just stops ,no fold curl or accordian
any more ideas???

minimerlin
08-22-2011, 08:40 PM
OK so
sep jam is under drum from everyone's feed back so i changed t/s wires, cleaned timing roller and puffed out sensors. fuser is in good shape.
the paper just stops ,no fold curl or accordian
any more ideas???Where does the machine indicate the jam is? Where does the paper stop?

dhg
08-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Sep jam, i finally got it to jam on 1 copy and the paper was at exit but machine indicated exit and reg roller remove... Its got to be that switch, i replaced the timing motor coupler

minimerlin
08-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Quite often the exit actuator sensor pops out of it position in the frame and does not return correctly, also the actuators get nicks in them which causes bounce and false jams.

kalindd
08-23-2011, 07:35 AM
If paper is stopping between corona and fuser I would check ozone filter or better change it. I had this kind of jam, because of clogged filter. Paper will slow down between corona and fuser because of not enough suction power from the fan in vacuum section.
If paper stops in paper exit section I would replace ACTUATOR page 46 from part manual item 21 ( upper one)
If machine has large count on it, this actuator gets worn and because of this, when paper is passing it will indicate wrong timing and machine will just stop and indicate jam.
Good luck.

Hansoon
08-23-2011, 07:44 AM
Based on my experience with those machines I would once check again if the fuser unit speed is too slow.

Hans

Custom Search