PDA

View Full Version : Scanning issue with 2560

Custom Search

Zackuth
08-11-2011, 02:25 PM
I have a KM2560 when scanning in color give all the areas that have red a bright red "wash", browns are coming out as very reddish brown, and reds are coming out very red. I scanned the Labtec Laboratory Bill and the black letters came out blue. I have tried adjusting the settings in the system menu (scan quality, dpi, etc). I tried, at the advice of our tech rep, to make adjustments in U099. When I got the scans to a good level, the paper would not scan correctly off the glass. Letter was scanning as letter R (or vice versa, I can never remember which is which). Is there anything I might have missed or do I need to order the color adjustment chart?

blackcat4866
08-12-2011, 03:10 AM
Only one simple thing comes to mind. For a while I was using a glass cleaner with some kind of green dye in it. Over a series of cleanings I noticed some of the color scanners producing a more greenish colored scan. After wasting several hours I cleaned the mirrors and lenses with 99% rubbing alcohol. Perchance is your glass cleaner dyed red?

Otherwise, it's time for that chart. I've never had to do that adjustment. Let us know how it goes. =^..^=

Zackuth
08-12-2011, 01:54 PM
No such luck, all I use to clean glass is alcohol. I do use a cleaner, yellow in color, to clean machines, but I spray my rag then wipe. I'll try the adjustment first.

Dougtech
08-16-2011, 04:16 AM
first you need to set back all the settings you changed in U099 as that is for paper size detection. original settings are
ORIGINAL R Original threshold value (R) 105

ORIGINAL G Original threshold value (G) 105

ORIGINAL B Original threshold value (B) 105

LIGHT SOURCE R Light source threshold value (R) 60

LIGHT SOURCE G Light source threshold value (G) 60

LIGHT SOURCE B Light source threshold value (B) 60

WAIT TIME Time from activation of the original detection switch (ODSW) to original size judgment 150

A4R AREA Original size detection position display (mm) 240

how does the white strip look under the glass? that's what the machine looks at to auto-set the white level.

no auto-gray adjust in user adjustments on the 2560's i don't believe, so I would play with U074 RGB & K settings to see what happens. write down your starting values before you begin.
good luck

dickierock
08-17-2011, 09:55 AM
The first thing I'd do is change all your settings back and upgrade the firmware.

Zackuth
08-18-2011, 06:39 PM
All setting back to original, and firmware lastest and greatest. Looks like it's chart time.

Zackuth
11-22-2011, 06:49 PM

Ok. Back to this. The chart did not work. I have gone into maint mode and tried U074, U081, U087, and U099. I tried lowest to highest range, no change. Changed the main PWB and formatted the hard drive--no change. At this point we gave the customer a 3060 loaner and brought the 2560 to the shop. While in the shop we changed the ISU, mirrors, platen and slit glass, lamp, and ISU ribbon cable. All have not changed the image at all. Also, the 3060 loaner started showing the same problem after about six weeks. Swapped that loaner with a 3050. We have had out tech rep out of Dallas look at this and we have tech support looking into this as well. ANY ideas would be welcomed at this point. Think inside the box, outside the box, throw the box away if you want to.

blackcat4866
11-23-2011, 01:39 AM
Does it make any difference to switch off Auto-Rotate? Or to specify a specific original scan area? =^..^=

Zackuth
11-23-2011, 01:56 PM
I have not tried either one. I'll let you know.

blackcat4866
11-23-2011, 11:55 PM
Having seen your samples, there must be some sort of serious imaging process problem. The 11" side of the original is reduced to 8 1/2", and the 8 1/2" side of the original is enlarged to 11" in the scan.

1) Flashing firmware is a simple thing, and probably won't help a bit, but you ought to do it any way.
2) Just out of curiosity, can you change the problem with scan settings like file type (PDF, JPG, TIF ...), monochrome versus color, resolution, etc. (At least in the short term, conceivably you could restore the functionality with a simple default settings change.)
3) Memory or HDD?
4) In the real world I think it's going to come down to the SHD PWD, or Main Controller.

That's really strange. Let is know how it resolves. =^..^=

rashid120
11-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Try Maintenance mode Scanner Adjustment Automatically U411 with Test Charts Part Numbers 2AC68241/303JX57010/
303JX57020.Your Problem Will be Solved.Regards.Rashid Iqbal
:cool:

KyoCaptive
12-05-2011, 09:00 PM
It seems everyone has avoided the elephant in the room - The ISU. I would replace it.

Zackuth
12-07-2011, 05:24 PM
Finally got some time to sit and play with this a bit.

BlackCat--Auto Rotate did not do anything, and neither did changing the file type. Firmware has been updated a few times and you're right, it did nothing. The imaging problem was that, being a bit frustrated at the time I was posting, I was having an issue with portrait/landscape as I was downloading the scanned image, I ended up saying to hell with it, they'll get the idea. Memory was changed when I replaced the main PWB. You mentioned a SHD PWD--what is that exactly? The HDD was formatted, but not replaced.

Rashid--the chart for this machine is listed as 302FZ56990. I don't want to use the wrong charts--just yet.

Kyocapture--the ISU has already been replaced, along with the ribbon cable to the main PWB, the lamp, platen and slit glasses, and mirrors.

I haven't tried the chart after replacing all that image stuff, and I am going to try that now, I'll let you know.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

rashid120
12-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Finally got some time to sit and play with this a bit.

BlackCat--Auto Rotate did not do anything, and neither did changing the file type. Firmware has been updated a few times and you're right, it did nothing. The imaging problem was that, being a bit frustrated at the time I was posting, I was having an issue with portrait/landscape as I was downloading the scanned image, I ended up saying to hell with it, they'll get the idea. Memory was changed when I replaced the main PWB. You mentioned a SHD PWD--what is that exactly? The HDD was formatted, but not replaced.

Rashid--the chart for this machine is listed as 302FZ56990. I don't want to use the wrong charts--just yet.

Kyocapture--the ISU has already been replaced, along with the ribbon cable to the main PWB, the lamp, platen and slit glasses, and mirrors.

I haven't tried the chart after replacing all that image stuff, and I am going to try that now, I'll let you know.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Dear i faced same problem with KM-3050,5050. and few times with KM-3060 .I will explain your problem if i am not wrong....if you are scanning in B/W its working fine but if you are scanning in COLOR. its not scanning properly.some times blue shades and yellow shades are coming in scan original.i am sure you do not have any problem with copying,printing and B/W scan.Believe me or not this problem was solved only with scanner adjustment with TEST CHARTS.

any way try and good luck and please if solved let us know what was the problem.

thanks.Rashid

blackcat4866
12-08-2011, 12:56 AM
BlackCat-- ... You mentioned a SHD PWD--what is that exactly? The HDD was formatted, but not replaced...

The SHD PWB is the board connected directly to the CCD that converts the CCD's analog signal to a digital signal. It's the second step in image processing. IIRC the SHD PWB usually is connected with ribbon cables that have microscopic contact strips. Be extremely careful with these ribbon cables.

I may be wrong, but I don't see this as a HDD issue. =^..^=

Zackuth
12-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Blackcat--that board did get changed when we replaced the ISU.

I tried the test chart again. Nope, same issue. And just out of curiosity, I tried scanning from the 2560 that our dispatcher uses. That has the very same issue--we now have 3 not scanning well, I'm afraid to try any more. It looks as though the firmware version is 2.45 for the dispatchers, and current for the other two. With everything I have done, it almost seems as though the machine resists being fixed.

Custom Search