PDA

View Full Version : Jamming bh c451 with fs-519 jamming at exit

Custom Search

jamesrmbm
08-11-2011, 10:55 PM
I have a fs-519 finisher and it will randomly not kick the paper all the way out befor the nex pages get there.
on a 20 page job it stacks 5 and kiks them out the next 5 it will not kick them quite far enough. or it will just hold them in about 3 inches.
I cleaned rollers, checked finisher movements in tech-rep mode and cleaned photo sensors.

Mr Spock
08-12-2011, 04:21 AM
Check the one way gears on the upper left corner of the finisher (as looking from the front of copier). I have seen these slip causing all sorts of issues with the finisher and rarely does the code point to them.

Spidula
08-12-2011, 05:37 PM
I have a fs-519 finisher and it will randomly not kick the paper all the way out befor the nex pages get there.
on a 20 page job it stacks 5 and kiks them out the next 5 it will not kick them quite far enough. or it will just hold them in about 3 inches.
I cleaned rollers, checked finisher movements in tech-rep mode and cleaned photo sensors.

Check the holder and paddle which actually does the kicking out. If you pull the fns away from the machine and take the cover off which is kinda to the left on the fns as you look down on the transport section (still with me?). There is a little motor on the fns frame which you need to take off. Then look down the hole where the motor sits and you should see the white holder and paddles on a shaft. Sometimes the rubber paddles wear or the grub screw comes loose which holds it to the shaft.

Hope this helps

Spid

mo0651
08-16-2011, 02:29 PM
I agree with Mr. Spock. There are some oneway bearings on the same shafts with the jam Knobs at the exit. clean them buff the shaft, or replace.

jamesrmbm
08-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Check the one way gears on the upper left corner of the finisher (as looking from the front of copier). I have seen these slip causing all sorts of issues with the finisher and rarely does the code point to them.

Hey thanks ..that was it.
thanks for the tip
jvr

mmru4real
08-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Check the holder and paddle which actually does the kicking out. If you pull the fns away from the machine and take the cover off which is kinda to the left on the fns as you look down on the transport section (still with me?). There is a little motor on the fns frame which you need to take off. Then look down the hole where the motor sits and you should see the white holder and paddles on a shaft. Sometimes the rubber paddles wear or the grub screw comes loose which holds it to the shaft.

Hope this helps

Spid i agree with spidula, as the paddles wear down, they leave a christmas tree effect, which in effect is not ejecting the paper before the next one is there, if you pull out the stack of completed you should see that they are not even as well.

Custom Search