PDA

View Full Version : bizhub C550 pulls letter and legal simultaneously for fax confirmation

Custom Search

Motormount
08-12-2011, 05:43 PM
I have a C550 with this strange intermittant problem that I hope someone else has seen or could point me in the right direction.
This intermittant problem first appreared when a fax confirmation was printed: the machine would jam, and the client would find a letter sheet (portrait) and a legal sheet together at the registration roller. That is, one on top of the other with the lead edges aligned.
On this first occasion, I cleared the fax memory, and that seemed to take care of it. On repeated occurrences, another tech reinitialized the fax, which again seemed to take care of the issue. Another occurrence and we have reprogrammed the paper tray priority to 3, 4, 1, 2, with 2 being the legal, and set the report printing from tray 3. No memory resets were done at this time, but the problem seemed to clear.
The client says this issue occurs intemittantly when printing.
It has the latest base firmware, but no special firmware levels.
Any ideas?
Just checked the jam history, and no jams were recorded for the time at which the client says it happened. It does have a record of 2001's (verticle transport) earlier that day.

Custom Search