PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous BH 363 Scan Settings

Custom Search

sortosane
08-12-2011, 06:06 PM
I've gone through all the manuals i can find, but i'm not seeing anywhere how to set the default scan settings for this machine. I've tried from the machine and it resets after a job is completed and online doesn't even seem to have scan settings other than email.

The problem we are having is the quality is too high and scanned items get sent through a fax server, so I need to get the default size to minimum.

Thank in advance

Motormount
08-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Make the setting changes desired, then go to Utility>User Settings> Scan/Fax Settings and change from Factory Default to Current Settings.

sortosane
08-12-2011, 07:41 PM
on the machine or through web app?

Motormount
08-12-2011, 07:43 PM
At the control panel.

sortosane
08-12-2011, 07:53 PM
now i just feel stupid.... that worked and i almost did it, but i couldn't find anything that explained properly if the current setting option would override the defaults...

Many, many thanks to you.

mo0651
08-18-2011, 10:27 PM
did you check the file size setting. it is limited by default.

sortosane
08-18-2011, 10:31 PM
Yes, the default was set too high for pour usage. We have a fax server that users use for sending faxes. They use the copier to scan the documents and then email out the faxes, but the server kept failing (due to file size, but don't try explaining that to users since "they've sent larger faxes without any problems"). The dafault when we got this from our vendor was have scans go thr as uncompressed PDFs at a res of 300x300, so a few pages turned into an 8MB attachment.

Turning everything down and allowing the compact PDF to be the default has solved this putting the file size back in the KB range instead of MB range.

Custom Search