PDA

View Full Version : C352 - Display is dark, turns off after machine is powered on all the way

Custom Search

lurker53
08-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Hi,

We have a customer with a C352 who may have had a surge, so we set out to doing the normal things like firmware and replacing parts, but we're a bit stumped.

The problem: During bootup the display is dark (not a contrast knob issue), and shortly after showing the basic copier screen (at which point it's still functional), the display is turned off and the hardware buttons are also unresponsive. The Start button also has no light around it, however the light for Data is off (makes sense), and the light for Main is on. The soft power switch on the panel is also unresponsive.

1. Tried swpaping the entire display unit (attached by 4 screws and ribbon cable), didn't solve anything.
2. Tried replacing the IR board (PWB-C), didn't solve anything.
3. Tried replacing the PRCB, didn't solve anything.

At this point it stops making sense. The display plugs into the PWB-C board via ribbon cable, then the PWB-C plugs into the PRCB through another cable. If it ends up being some rediculous power saver feature I'm probably going to seppuku on the spot.

Any suggestions?

copytechman
08-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Mfp board? Not much left or psu!

Regards!
A.

Mr Spock
08-13-2011, 02:31 AM
try fuser and/or power supply

Solotime
04-22-2013, 03:57 PM
I have a C352 doing the same thing. Display goes dark after boot up. Fans stay on. Have to turn off then on several times and it will finally work ok until the next morning when it has to be turned on again.
Do you find a solution to your issue?

wseyller
04-22-2013, 10:09 PM
Replace memory

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Custom Search