PDA

View Full Version : Scan problem With the Konica Minolta C450

Custom Search

mindhunter
08-13-2011, 10:24 PM
hi everybody.I have a scan problem With the Konica Minolta C450 Copier.Thousands of time I set and install the Setting for Scannig On the SMB Mode and it Works.it has just two Possible Way or mode.1- if setting sets correctly When you Press Start Button the "transfering Icon" must appear on the screan and after some while it disappear and scan recived on the Computer.2- if setting doesnt set Correctly it shows a dialog box that says ("Job has been done improperly").But I have a new Problem. When I want to Scan with one of my C450 copier on SMB Mode.Everything is allright and install .But When I press Start Button Sending Icon Apears on the screen and it never disapear and the copier Screen locked (it seems the copier hang and stopped).and I cant Switch between Copy or Box or Fax Buttons for Doing other Purposes.So I must Turn Off the machine With the main Switch.and Actually I cant Scan in this Mode.I want to know Does it happen for anyone else?Is it MFP or NVRAM Problem ? Does Anyone Have any Suggestion for me ? Thank YOu ALL.Im Waiting for Your Usefull Suggestions. Mindhunter.

lurker53
08-13-2011, 11:12 PM
Could be a couple of things before jumping to boards.

I've seen some firewalls make the copiers behave oddly, so ensure that port 445 is open on the target computer (or the network if using an ACL).

If you've checked the firewall, hit the machine with firmware.

If it still doesn't work, if I recall corerctly on that machine the NIC is part of the PRCB on the back of the machine.

That would just be my troubleshooting steps for this kind of problem though. Make sure there's no firewall blocking it, hit it with firmware, and if it still doesn't work start looking at parts.

mindhunter
08-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Could be a couple of things before jumping to boards.

If it still doesn't work, if I recall corerctly on that machine the NIC is part of the PRCB on the back of the machine.

I dont think its Firewall Problem Because i try with the several computer . even the pc doesnt connect to the machine it has to show "Job has Been done improperly".

I dont get the point about the NIC part. Can you Explain Where is the NIC ?and what i have to do ?
And About Firmware how i have to upload new Firmware on this Machin?

Thanks a lot lurker53 for your guidence.
im waiting for your reply.

mindhunter
08-14-2011, 07:34 PM
is just lurker Suggestion .
Anyone else Who has Idea?

lurker53
08-14-2011, 08:24 PM
You can install firmware through a CF card or Internet ISW. The service manual explains both methods.

What I meant by the NIC on the machine is that since it's attached to the board in the back, your worst case scenario is to replace that entire board. Not a cheap option, which is why you always need to try firmware first.

Did the machine experience a surge?

Edit: I made the assumption that you've already thoroughly tested the connection as described by 1FRY1. Follow his troubleshooting steps first if you haven't already done so.

1FRY1
08-14-2011, 09:57 PM
So Many questions

Does it ping and print OK
Does it store an error in job send history
What OS are you using to scan to
Have you tried scanning via a crossover to a laptop or PC
Does the subnet and gateway match that of the network
Have you any other MFP's on the network, do they scan OK

Start with those

AjitN
08-15-2011, 03:16 AM
HI
Please ensure if harddisk is installed & selected as installed in Service Mode --- Syatem 2.
I have faced omce this problem when hard disk was faukty.

Hope this helps
Best Luck

mindhunter
08-15-2011, 07:53 PM
HI
Please ensure if harddisk is installed & selected as installed in Service Mode --- Syatem 2.
I have faced omce this problem when hard disk was faukty.

Hope this helps
Best Luck

thanks ajitN

I will try it and ill answer you .
thanks for your help

mindhunter
08-15-2011, 08:03 PM
So Many questions

1-Does it ping and print OK
2-Does it store an error in job send history
3-What OS are you using to scan to
4-Have you tried scanning via a crossover to a laptop or PC
5-Does the subnet and gateway match that of the network
6-Have you any other MFP's on the network, do they scan OK

Start with those
1- yes it ping when i try via a loptop.even I can access from the refrence(in Direct SMB) of copier to the pc.
2- No it just hang and never save any job error.
3-I use windows XP and seven of microsoft.
4-yes . i use both but it didnt work.
5-yes Subnet and gateway is match.
6-yes.Other MFPs Work correctly.

mindhunter
08-15-2011, 08:08 PM
You can install firmware through a CF card or Internet ISW. The service manual explains both methods.

What I meant by the NIC on the machine is that since it's attached to the board in the back, your worst case scenario is to replace that entire board. Not a cheap option, which is why you always need to try firmware first.

Did the machine experience a surge?

Edit: I made the assumption that you've already thoroughly tested the connection as described by 1FRY1. Follow his troubleshooting steps first if you haven't already done so.

thanks.

I have Other MFP in my office. So i think after all of these suggestions.i have to change part by part with my new MFP to detect problem.
Just can you show NIC With the attach a picture of it ?

dallas
08-15-2011, 09:18 PM
Before you change some parts, test the following.
- Create a Box
- Scan into it
- If it's not work, HDD is in the most cases faulty

- If it's work, set HDD to "not installed" in Service Mode
- Restart the Engine and perform a SMB Scan
- Works ... smile and change HDD
- If not ... go back to start ;-)

DUKEY
08-16-2011, 02:35 AM
Hey Guys, Hate to jump in here! But I need to see if anyone is interested in a brand new Transfer Belt and Fuser Unit, Part's 4049-523 and 4049-212 for this model? I'm trying to figure out how to make my own thread! sorry again for interupting Dukey PS SEND ME A MESSAGE IF YOU ARE!

Custom Search