PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Konica bizhub 920, now showing 72-16 on every copy/print after replacement of OACB...

Custom Search

methogod
08-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Machine is like new, with 650k on it, but it would only copy, it would print 30-50 pages and freeze up, and keep running like it was waiting for something, the print job would stop spooling and to get it to stop, you would have to open a door. Then the display would unfreeze and you could cancel the job.

Swap ic-203, since copying worked well, but printing did not, no difference.
Swapped OACB because we were getting this error and 46-06 as well...

Now the machine seem to be working, but all we get now on copies is 72-16, which i know there is a mod for, but this machine was copying with the bad OACB, and now it wont even copy 5 pages, on 3rd page it jams...

Swapped fusers, no difference, the machine copied perfectly before, so my question is if my tech missed something on the OACB swap, what would it be that would cause this...

I dont think the exit roller is slipping, nor do i think its the finisher, i was ran 1000 duplex copies before we determined it was the OACB.

Techs out there, think like you have a tech that calls you for help all the time, who is good with maintenance but not trouble shooting, that's who swapped boards. I got a brand new machine that i can even get hot. Its like 3k sitting in a bucket on my floor.

Any advise would be helpful. I am very concerned because i have another machine that does the 72-16 code, and its a mess, it works sometimes for days at a time, then it just wont work at all.

I want to keep it simple, as the only thing that was changed was the overall control board, so its the gears on the exit roller, firmware on the swapped OACB is at 40-xxxx, matching what was on the pulled board.

Looking for a loose wire connection that may cause this, nothing is in tech solutions that helps, this 72-16 is a major head ache, i would rather send out the bad oacb for repair, then try to make it work with the pulled OACB board (that has 9million on it), but the machine it was pulled from my floor was working ok, but was having fuser issues, we were having issues with its fuser not sitting right, skewed duplex unit, which even with swapped fusers i still has problems.
As always any help would be great.
Thanks All,

MILLER4157
08-17-2011, 07:32 AM
try disconnecting the finisher and running copies. if it works then you have an issue with the finisher.

72-16 indicates that ps4 is not turned on after paper passes the exit sensor of the main body.

separate the finisher from the main body, ps4 is the sensor above the entrance guide of the finisher. it is a photointerupter, not a flagged sensor

may just be a coincidence that you were working on the oacb when the issue occurred

also if you swapped the oacb did you swap the hdd and the paramater board?

MILLER4157
08-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Also check this if it pops the code while staplingCAUSE: Damaged paper guide(s) - small nick(s)*from paper entering the conveyance guide plate.*SOLUTION:*Look at the clear guide FN5:1.* Loosen the two rail screws*allowing the finisher to be pulled out*an extra three inches.2.* Lower FN5 and feel the plastic ribs on the rear of the guide.3.* The last*rib on the guide (see attachment for a visual)*has*paper cuts*or burrs on it causing the paper to drag and jam when*stapling.Use a piece of very fine sandpaper or ScotchbriteŽ to smooth nick(s). Replace the conveyance guide plate*(p/n 15JK45081) and/or (p/n*15JK45190)*if necessary.

Custom Search