PDA

View Full Version : TSI Distribution Settings - enabling

Custom Search

tbombaci
08-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Greetings. We have recently purchased a Bizhub 751. We have added most of the features including the HD kit. In the manual, it reads that the TSI Distribution Settings would be enabled if we had the optional HD kit installed. On the features page in fax options, the TSI Distribution Settings choice is (I am presuming) one of the three missing. Am I missing something? Do we need to enable this feature in a different area of the copier?

Thank you!

Tom

MILLER4157
08-17-2011, 07:10 AM
Once you have enabled the hard drive you can go to

administrator settings---- function settings--- TSI user box settings and set your settings.

then you can set up your destinations. i think you can have up to 128 destinations.

tbombaci
08-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, as stated above, the TSI Distribution Settings choice is not in the list of options. There are three menu items not displayed. Are options automatically available in the menu if the hardware is detected?

MILLER4157
08-18-2011, 02:34 AM
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, as stated above, the TSI Distribution Settings choice is not in the list of options. There are three menu items not displayed. Are options automatically available in the menu if the hardware is detected?

TSI Distribution is only enabled as an option if you have the optional hard drive kit installed. if you have this kit installed. you need to enable the hdd and format it. then you can set up tsi

tbombaci
08-18-2011, 03:57 PM
TSI Distribution is only enabled as an option if you have the optional hard drive kit installed. if you have this kit installed. you need to enable the hdd and format it. then you can set up tsi

Thank you for the reply. We do indeed have the HDD installed, however, I am not 100% certain that it is formatted. I also do not have the option to create a secure box but we can create user boxes. If we can indeed create user boxes, has the HDD been formatted? Also, what are the ramifications of simply formatting the HDD? I presume it doesnt affect other parts of the copier setup.

Tom

tbombaci
08-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Update. I formatted the HDD and the TSI setting is available.......however....

If Forward is configured in the Functions settings for faxing, the TSI Distro settings as well as two others are disabled. So, the function was there all along, it was just disabled. So now the question is how do I set the machine to email all faxes without "Forwarding" them.

I am looking through the manuals now to try and figure this out.

Tom

MILLER4157
08-19-2011, 06:19 AM
wont happen. when tsi is enabled the pc-fax function disappears and vise versa therefore you have no choice but to forward. but if you set up the email address from the user as a dept. code whenever they enter the machine with a dept. code, the forwarding fax can show from their email address if need be. this is saying that you are pc faxing from the machine and you are not forwarding inbound faxes. if they are sending to email. there is no reason to fax. just set up scan to email functionality or smb functionality

tbombaci
08-19-2011, 04:59 PM
I indeed learned the hard way.

This is what I want to do:

All faxes that come in are soft. All faxes are forwarded to a public folder in Exchange. All is working well, however, since I have forward enabled, TSI Distribution and PC-Fax are disabled. I want to use TSI distribution to email private faxes received to our HR dept from the payroll company directly to the HR manager. I am under the impression that TSI Distribution will do this. However, since forward is enabled, TSI is disabled; rock and hard place.

So, is there a way to email all faxes and use TSI to send specific faxes to specific email addresses?

Tom

tbombaci
08-19-2011, 05:16 PM
Ok, problem solved.

I created a rule on the Public Folder in Exchange to forward and delete the email based on the auto generated subject (from the fax header). Thanks for all the help!

Tom

MILLER4157
08-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Cool. Glad it worked out one way or the other

Custom Search