PDA

View Full Version : Jamming new rollers still jamming out of drawer 2

Custom Search

Buff it out
08-16-2011, 02:48 AM
C450 low page count machine jamming coming out of drawer 2 replaced all rollers still jamming
not that familiar with this unit. notice in manual that drawer one has typical clutch and it
appears drawer two has only paper feed motor- no clutch or is incorporated into multi purpose
drive mech? appreciate advice
Duff it out

mo0651
08-16-2011, 08:14 PM
What is jam code? Is it not picking paper up out of tray?

SmellsHot
08-16-2011, 09:01 PM
did you replace the bearings next to the feed rollers? Do the trays have black captures? There were several modifications to the feed assy.

Buff it out
08-17-2011, 03:16 AM
Did not replace bearings and the captures are black. Drawer will feed single sheet but not
multiple sheets seems to be a timing problem also?

MILLER4157
08-17-2011, 05:47 AM
Did not replace bearings and the captures are black. Drawer will feed single sheet but not
multiple sheets seems to be a timing problem also?

Do you have a jam code associated with the tray 2 jams?

Check and make sure your paper is flush in your trays and the size associated with the tray is correct first.

SmellsHot
08-17-2011, 12:58 PM
I'd start with the bearings!

Buff it out
08-17-2011, 02:52 PM
No jam code because its not on,will turn on to display.
did check paper alignment several times. Noticed that
previous tech had shimmed up drawer at inter most edge
to lift swing mech. higher when drawer is closed just very
slightly. Removed shim, but made no difference. The relationship
of this drawer (2) to the multipurpose feeder concerns me in
that the feeder may have been hit in the past. Checked
several things and appears ok, but may be not seeing something.
Will get bearings replaced and check results.
Thanks
Buff it out

Buff it out
08-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Its only picking paper up and pulling about one half of an inch and sometimes if you are only
copying one sheet it may run thru the engine and complete the copy correctly.
Thanks
Buff it out

MILLER4157
08-18-2011, 02:51 AM
is it aligned when it comes out of the tray?

if not the shims put in place to elevate the tray mech. is not working and is causing the issue.

but im going to bank on the issue being your sep roller assembly.

4030015101-sep roller assembly

if this was one of the rollers you replaced then the tray lift mech. is broken.

verify by removing tray 1 and watching the elevation of the tray. the 1st sheet should be under your pickup roller and between your sep. and take up roller.

Mr Spock
08-18-2011, 04:17 AM
Check the plastic bushing on the lift shaft. I have seen these crack and cause feed issues. Also check the exit roller on the feed unit. If this is worn then the paper hits the idlers instead of the nip causing issues.

Ianizer
08-18-2011, 04:19 AM
C450 low page count machine jamming coming out of drawer 2 replaced all rollers still jamming
not that familiar with this unit. notice in manual that drawer one has typical clutch and it
appears drawer two has only paper feed motor- no clutch or is incorporated into multi purpose
drive mech? appreciate advice
Duff it out

BIO, SmellsHot is on the money. There were a number of feed mods to this unit. Reads like you're familiar with some of them.

By low count, I'll assume under, or around, 100K? Unlikely you have severe wear, but it's fair enough to be concerned about the arbors, which could have dried out or gotten gummy with time. The others are credible concerns, but I see you chasing your tail... Maybe I'm wrong.

I'd be very curious about the paper passage sensor actuator spring in the feed assy (PC106, 107 or 108 -- I don't recall which). Looks just fine from the outside looking in -- No problem here... But open her up and take a closer look. The spring may have just slipped its leash... This is especially probable if your end-user has been indelicate about yanking jams.

It would likely look like intermittent single-copy jamming, with no possibility of a two-copy run.

-I

Zeldaman
08-18-2011, 12:46 PM
BIO, SmellsHot is on the money. There were a number of feed mods to this unit. Reads like you're familiar with some of them.

By low count, I'll assume under, or around, 100K? Unlikely you have severe wear, but it's fair enough to be concerned about the arbors, which could have dried out or gotten gummy with time. The others are credible concerns, but I see you chasing your tail... Maybe I'm wrong.

I'd be very curious about the paper passage sensor actuator spring in the feed assy (PC106, 107 or 108 -- I don't recall which). Looks just fine from the outside looking in -- No problem here... But open her up and take a closer look. The spring may have just slipped its leash... This is especially probable if your end-user has been indelicate about yanking jams.

It would likely look like intermittent single-copy jamming, with no possibility of a two-copy run.

-I
Hi there!
Also take a look for the hooks of the right door. Sometimes they have very little cracks, and then you have jam after jam only out of tray 2.
Greetings...

joebox
08-18-2011, 04:55 PM
the shaft were the bearings sit can become slick and cause it to slip, if you sand it down with a scouring pad that should help with better traction thats a comon problem with jamming on all minoltas

Buff it out
08-18-2011, 05:39 PM
Yes you are correct about page count only a total of 55K! I will investigate all
of your suggestions because if its some screwball thing it will sure him me!!
Appreciate your help and advice. Will get back later after I go thru these
things. I know what you speak of in regard to paper yankers, then they wounder
why we got a jam error that nothing will clear, and they start in with a finger nail file trying to clear the jam.
ITS AN AMAZING THING Had one in Houston years ago using top of printer as a stapling table
on night shift.

Buff it out

lucky13
08-25-2011, 03:36 AM
if you print out the mgmt list you can give us the jam code

Custom Search