PDA

View Full Version : Uniflow and Konica Minolta

Custom Search

Taminol
08-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Hi Guys,

We have a customer who used to have Canons and they have recently changed to Bizhubs. They managed the Canon fleet using Uniflow. Is this software compatible with Konica Minolta machines? Or do we need PCounter/Ysoft etc?
I did a bit of Googling and couldn't find anything useful.

Thanks

Taminol

Mr Spock
08-17-2011, 12:46 AM
What are they managing?
KM has several management software apps to do what most do.
There is data admin for maintaining address books and account codes. This is a free download from the pagescope cd.
There is an address book app if you just need that.
Then there is Data Admin Enterprise (not free) which manages even more features ( I think you can actually save network settings as well as above)

Taminol
08-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Hi Mr. Spock,

They want to completely and centrally manage all print activities. Eg, who is printing, are they printing in colour, what are they printing, what is the cost associated with any particuler print job, collect prints from any device in the building, limit colour printing.
I'm konw that turning on PIN access with authentication in to AD could do virtually all of the above. But even without 'follow me' printing we would run in to issues. The customer runs thin clients thru a wyse box and RDP straight to 11 different servers. And they don't want to go to each PC and input a PIN in to the printer driver.
I'll have a look at Data Admin Enterprise.
Thanks for you suggestion.

Mr Spock
08-17-2011, 08:52 PM
if you turn on account track only you can set it for only password. Then set driver for the the pin popup and when they send a job it pops up a dialog box to enter pin. No need to visit all pc's to make change.

Taminol
08-17-2011, 09:08 PM
Then set driver for the the pin popup........

I wasn't aware of that little feature - thanks
But i still have no answer on whether Uniflow is proprietry to Canon. There very little on the software manufacturers website.

Custom Search