PDA

View Full Version : C253 + FK502 protocoll error

Custom Search

habik
08-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Can't receive faxes on FK502, sending is OK.

Latest FW and when receiveng it just pops Protocoll Error..any suggestions?

Thanks

habik
08-18-2011, 04:19 PM
OKAY
here are some codes

T81-
T81 Call control
Dial Tone detection NG when CML
is turned ON at calling
The line may not be connected.
Check the line connection status.
R07-
R07 Reception
Image information does not come
in image information waiting.
The line may be disabled because
the user on the remote station disconnected
it.

switched off ECM..and had slight improvement, lowered TX/RX speed to 14k bps , not much of improvement, Initialized fax board to default, slight improvement.. took the whole board out and waited for 5 min than slapped it back in. worked for a while could send and could not receive, than could receive and not send..frustration kicked in..until

customer complained about internet connection...asked where is their MAIN connection socket and found that fax line is run of broadband line through adsl filter. So my biggest suspicion is the actual BB line,

Have you come across a problem like this? Thanks for suggestions. M

Spidula
08-18-2011, 06:46 PM
OKAY
here are some codes

T81-
T81 Call control
Dial Tone detection NG when CML
is turned ON at calling
The line may not be connected.
Check the line connection status.
R07-
R07 Reception
Image information does not come
in image information waiting.
The line may be disabled because
the user on the remote station disconnected
it.

switched off ECM..and had slight improvement, lowered TX/RX speed to 14k bps , not much of improvement, Initialized fax board to default, slight improvement.. took the whole board out and waited for 5 min than slapped it back in. worked for a while could send and could not receive, than could receive and not send..frustration kicked in..until

customer complained about internet connection...asked where is their MAIN connection socket and found that fax line is run of broadband line through adsl filter. So my biggest suspicion is the actual BB line,

Have you come across a problem like this? Thanks for suggestions. M

You can get patch cables for fax kits running through broadband filters. I had this a while back and a patch cable sorted it!

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/49254-fk-502-protocol-error.html

habik
08-18-2011, 09:40 PM
You can get patch cables for fax kits running through broadband filters. I had this a while back and a patch cable sorted it!

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/49254-fk-502-protocol-error.html

Thanks Spindula,

I think the actual ADSL filter is causing the issue, client has got new tel. line cable going from filter to copier, and there is just the standard British Telecom socket on a wall, so not much I can do except the filter, which is clients responsibility anyway..

Will see what happens when they buy new one and fit it in.

Thanks for your effort. Will reply if there was improvement so we can close this thread succesfully.

Mooseface2r
07-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Hi did changing the filter resolve this?

Custom Search