PDA

View Full Version : HP9050 print issue

Custom Search

MaineCopyTech
08-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Anyone ever see this? I have an account with 5 hp9050's, the 3 older ones print fine but the 2 newer ones rotate certain jobs 180°. This is a bank printing checks onto preprinted forms, from a mainframe enviornment using PCL5e drivers. It only happens with certain jobs and they don't think its our printers anymore. We found 1 pc that prints all the jobs correctly.

I didn't just want to leave it like that so I though I'd ask here just in case someone knows a fix for this.

ddude
08-19-2011, 05:34 AM
I would check the default settings on the PCs- turn off auto select and point to a pre-set paper tray. Make sure all Settings within the driver match that of the working units; it's easy for one simple setting to be off- the same goes for the printers...compare config sheets closely, you may find a setting change that is different.

cadkins
08-22-2011, 02:03 PM
There is a setting in the "Printing" section under "PCL" that you can set the paper to "Portrait" or "Landscape". We have an account where I have to change that setting for them to be able to print from an AS400 program. Might be worth a shot.

MaineCopyTech
09-09-2011, 04:20 AM
Update -
This is happening when they send a job with a cover sheet Letter size landscape, and the rest of the job is Legal size portrait. I've heard there is a workaround for jobs with mixed portrait/landscape by converting them to PDF's then printing the PDF. They can't convert it to a PDF before printing since it is data from a mainframe.
Anyone come across any print issues with jobs with both portrait/landscape in them?

prntrfxr
09-21-2011, 04:21 PM
Seems like I saw a bulletin on that from HP somewhere. Now, where would that be? Hmm...let me check.

Out of curiosity, what application/program are they running?
and

Is "Rotate by 180 (degrees)" in the driver set to off?
Do they have the latest drivers and has the firmware been updated?

rthonpm
09-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Are the reports giving issues printing out correctly on the other printers? I've seen where sometimes the mainframe formatting has to be changed to Laser and the correct orientation and page size, otherwise, the printer does its best with what it's given and the results aren't always what you want.

MaineCopyTech
09-23-2011, 01:25 AM
We kinda came to the conclusion it's a software issue, not hardware. The 9050n's print fine, and the 9050dn's print the checks fine also. It's only when that 1 job out of 10 comes with a banner page (not the one generated from the printer) that the 9050dn will rotate it 180°, but the 9050n will print it correct. Which is why it seemed like a setting or firmware would fix it.
After updating all the firmware and print drivers, we realized any settings we changed at the printer or with the print driver would affect 100% of the jobs, thereby ruining the 9 out of 10 that did print correct. They are looking into how to turn off that banner page or separate it into 2 jobs.
Thanks for the replies!

Custom Search