PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Bizhub C350 has paper jam on display at output

Custom Search

dswasley
08-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Hello All,
We have an old Minolta Bizhub C350 that's served our small non-profit well over the last several years, that is, until we moved down the street and around the corner last month. Upon the initial move it was working fine until a couple of days ago. There was a mis-feed at the side door and that was removed and I'm not sure whether this jam indicator came on after the first jam was removed or if it was indicated with the other jams because I wasn't here at the time. Anyway, I've checked all the areas the you can check for any paper mis-feeds, bits of paper, etc., especially in the output area and I've found nothing and the jam is still indicated. Any ideas anyone? Since this is our primary copier, any help would be appreciated. Thank you. :confused:

mo0651
08-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Side jam door, open it. Right below transfer and registration rollers on door, there is a paper dust remover. take it out and clean the window, and check below it for paper.:p

JustManuals
08-20-2011, 02:12 AM
This Parts & Service manual can be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

dswasley
08-20-2011, 08:49 PM
Will try that Tuesday when I get back to work and let you know the outcome. As for a Service Manual, I actually have one in .pdf but it's on my workstation computer and I have to figure out where that is since we just moved and my printer repair workstation stuff is on a pallet somewhere 30 feet above my head! lol :D

Ianizer
08-21-2011, 12:38 AM
Pop the duplexer open (the smaller sub-door on the main right-side door).

Look for a small black actuator somewhere midway between the small-diameter duplex roller sets...

Does it protuded slightly and bounce in and out when you tap it?

Is it not there?

May have plunged the actuator. Probably not broken, but best to have a teknishun come out and reseat it for you.
It's slightly more involved than you might guess.

Tip him or her well.

C350? Let me just check my tables... Enough for a nice dinner date with cocktails should be customary.

-I

dswasley
08-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Cleaned paper dust remover and checked for broken tab in duplexer unit. Tab is there and free-moving. Someone unplugged the collator/stapler unit and paper jab indication went away....go figure!! Any ideas on that unit??:confused:

Ianizer
08-24-2011, 06:03 AM
Cleaned paper dust remover and checked for broken tab in duplexer unit. Tab is there and free-moving. Someone unplugged the collator/stapler unit and paper jab indication went away....go figure!! Any ideas on that unit??:confused:

Yep.

Finisher transport section is bunged up.
Probably the transport switch guide.
But it could be any number of things.

Whatever you do, don't plug the finisher back in with the copier on (unless you like buying MFP boards...).

Call a tech. I may be able to make a Konica-Minolta dealer recommendation there in Denver, if you'd like.

Don't forget the tip.

-I

dswasley
08-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Will look on the finisher unit and try to find out where the problem might be....going into work right now but their prepping for an after board meeting tour of the new place tonight so it may be a bit before I can look at it.....thank you! I'll keep this thread going until I either run out of options or ???:D

Ianizer
08-24-2011, 07:41 PM
Might simply be a sheet of paper inside the finisher transport bridge unit... -I

dswasley
09-01-2011, 12:26 AM
Checked everything in the paper path that could be opened and cleaned. Didn't see any paper anywhere. used compressed air and gently blew out paper path area. Still get error. Suspect a sensor or something else. Well at least, the copier unit is functioning fine. This will have to be put on a back burner until I have free time to look at it. Thanks for everyone's help!!:D

Ianizer
09-01-2011, 04:53 AM
...used compressed air and gently blew out paper path area. Still get error...
I'm stunned. That usually works.
-I

Custom Search