PDA

View Full Version : Lexmark 364DN

Custom Search

Ednicarl20
08-22-2011, 10:54 PM
Guys I'm facing some problem with this model. The machine is properly receiving an incoming (Fax) document if there is no handset. If we attached a handset it only ring continuously and didn't give any fax tone, unless we press the fax button and choose the receive in the display by then the machine will give a fax tone. Usually fax machines automatically gives a fax tone if didn't answer within a few rings. I also try to replace a new modem, but still the same situation. any suggestion!

mojorolla
08-30-2011, 04:28 PM
Are they using an analog line or a VOIP system? Can you call out using the handset? The default is auto answer, which is what you describe without a handset. If you are on a PBX system, make sure call waiting is turned off. If it is DSL, make sure there is a filter in the line. :)

Ednicarl20
08-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Are they using an analog line or a VOIP system? Can you call out using the handset? The default is auto answer, which is what you describe without a handset. If you are on a PBX system, make sure call waiting is turned off. If it is DSL, make sure there is a filter in the line. :)

The costumer is using an analog line directly to the main box of the telephone provider. They can call out (Local and International) using the handset. The number is dedicated to the fax machine only.

I've pull out the machine and check it to our office it work normally even with handset. I will try to ask the costumer to contact the telephone provider if they can help us isolate the problem.

Mr. John thanks' for the response...

Custom Search